The Art of Cricket is back - Read PlanetCricket's Exclusive Interview

harrisb

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Have you seen his C07 mods, graphically outstanding, the attention to detail is outstanding.

Zaxotes

National Board President
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No..Its not the issue zaxotes..
Whats the problem in getting dual layer DVD...More important thing is that you will be getting your dream Cricket game,which till now considered only to gameplay but now it is looking forward to graphics also...

In short,You are getting a complete game that any International company was unable to do till now..

No, I did not mean it would be difficult to get. As an experienced and a well known modder of Cricket 07, I know what a higher detail texture eats up. A 887kb Stadium '.big' file grows to 11.6mb when High Quality images and realistic items are added into it.
And I totally agree with you in regard with a Dream Game but the Size also matters right...? Who finds interest in downloading a 3-4gb game from internet? Imagine the state of Dial-up users!
And we have a solution too, we should build a torrent and all PC members should seed it.

@jkartik
VISIT HERE

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I guess as long as the game is both graphically and AI wise good, people will never talk about its size.
If the game is free then we do not have any issue with piracy so we can easily release even box version of the game.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
A 887kb Stadium '.big' file grows to 11.6mb when High Quality images and realistic items are added into it.
EA for example saves those textures as BMP files inside the game, so there's no compression applied to them. Using PNG like TAOC proabably does means the file size increase isn't that sort of magnitude.

That said, hi-res textures only need to be used where the low ones would stand out too badly, a face that's only ever rendered ~256px at the most doesn't need a 2048k texture to it.

edx

School Cricketer
Great to see you guys back. :) By the way would love to see Tim Southee's action added.

sunnygull

School Cricketer
who is creating this game ... from video it shows that the gameplay will be more realistic then the Cricket 07 and Cricket Revolution

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Please be patient guys!! They have started to re-work on this game and release date is too far from now.

You can show your support by helping them in testing of game in Alpha Stage.

Great to here that you all are back and this time it's back with bang imho!!

Best Of Luck and I will be testing the game thoroughly if given opportunity.

BOL :thumbs

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
cricketing tearing my hair out since morning trying to make this alpha release on time!!!

we both have been so far up our lazy asses, this deadline sure gave a kick up our rear ends. working under pressure sucks.....BUT is definitely more goal oriented and has an unusual way of getting things done.

Countdown begins guys......5 more hours to go..........

fingers crossed!

P.S - loving the new "TAOC Developer" Tag and the purple colour!! YAY!!!! :D

arun687

School Cricketer
Glad to see you guys resumed the project. It would have been a shame if all your work since the last 5 yrs would have gone to no use.

Looking forward to the Alpha 0.1. :thumbs

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I will be waiting for 5.30 :D then

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
guys, please dont get your hopes up too much. we are returning after a year and releasing a small demo with very restricted features.

just the thought of it scares the ████ out of me!! :noway

Users who are viewing this thread