The Battrick Premier League Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 weeks isnt possible as we only have 10 left, as i said it depends on cup runs

7 straight div is tooo long.... it will take a long time for a div 7 team to get to the top...
i think something like battrick system...
1 top div 2 IInd div and 4 3rd divs and so on... make it more practical imo....
You have to face that no matter what structure, it will take forever for the bottom division team to get to the top. If you have 4 divisions of 7, it would take a full season to play each team twice, plus you'd need to take into account byes, at the end of which a successful team still must triumph in 2 more seasons to make the top division. Whatever the merit of this, seeing as the primary purpose of the competition is to have a friendly each week and not to get from the bottom division to the top, we should avoid byes at virtually any cost.

At least in a system with small pools and short draws, you have motion rather than a feeling that the draw is never going to be completed. It would actually take less time in theory to get from the bottom to the top, although the system is less forgiving on losses, one would assume that for a team to be worthy of the top division, it would be hard for any of the lower 6 divisions to beat them.

I would suggest that 28 is simply not an ideal number; 30 is much easier to work with, as is 24, but you have to work with what you have.

32 is an ideal as well as 28

Note: Angy can you please sign up properly

Obviously im not able to predict the future i cannoy guarentee anything but I imagine it will run for many seasons to come

I prefer shorter comps as I want to play my mates as well so I approve of 8-12 week competitions.

----------------------------------------------

From the Sign-ups thread.

Sorry Griffo. So how exactly are the teams going to be ranked?

Last edited:
Top 5 Battrick Rated Players

Doesnt sound like its good but it seems to work well

It's a bit hard to know what the teams best 11 is unless the manager displays it.
Looking at his system it seems to work, guys I know I around about are also around about in the rating.

Despite Effine running this tournament ive had to make an executive decsion, all teams are free to play friendlys this week as with the recent changes to Planet Cricket (TV) I will have to resend many BT mails so that sign ups continue to develop

:cheers
Griffo

Despite Effine running this tournament ive had to make an executive decsion, all teams are free to play friendlys this week as with the recent changes to Planet Cricket (TV) I will have to resend many BT mails so that sign ups continue to develop

:cheers
Griffo

Planet Cricket will be back up on .net today and tomorrow.

Are you kidding.... WHY!

No, the .tv was only ever a temporary measure because sangam hasn't been around to renew the .net address. When that's been sorted, it'll be back on .net for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread