The Big Question

saladguy

PCPL Season 2: Outstanding Performer (Division 2)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So here's the big question. Should I buy IC10? Until this week I hadn't played AC09 in about 8 months and I'm currently enjoying playing the Ashes mode on it, so is it worth getting IC10?

I live in the UK, and the game has fallen in price over here to only 22 quid for the PS3 version, so is IC10 worth the money? Are there enough improvements in this year's edition to warrant spending 22 quid on a game? And if so what are they?

P

pcfan123

This has been beaten to death on this forum. Read the threads and you will get a general idea.

The offline for Test matches is brilliant, the online is broken completely. Basically the game is dead online, but great for Tests in single player.

The Action Cam and offline Tests make it worth the cheap price for me, just don't expect to play it online.

Any detailed information you want will be found in the existing threads.

saladguy

Ok cheers, really enjoying test matches on AC09 at the moment, so IC10 seems like a decent buy. I also enjoy playing T20 matches, what are they like on this year's edition?

Kaos110

Club Cricketer
go ahead and buy the game. if you like ashes 09 you will love ic2010, maybe its not perfect but its still so much better. you wont regret it......hud off mode with difficulty on hard is a real challenge....

P

pcfan123

Ok cheers, really enjoying test matches on AC09 at the moment, so IC10 seems like a decent buy. I also enjoy playing T20 matches, what are they like on this year's edition?

I don't play 2020s so can't help you there.

I also don't understand how you enjoy Test matches on AC09. :confused:

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Don't buy the game until either

(a) they deliver a patch that adequately fixes the online multiplayer, or
(b) the price drops to one third of its release price.

In it's present state, it is outrageous to be selling the game for $100, as it will be for the Australian release. My advice - wait a few months.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
In it's present state, it is outrageous to be selling the game for $100, as it will be for the Australian release. My advice - wait a few months

Just thought I would pass on that I purchased the game through ebay from ausgamers for around $65 inc postage 3 weeks ago and they had 10 copies of it at the time

saladguy

The problem is, that I feel in a few months time the price will go up because of the Ashes series in December. And Mark, I don't really enjoy bowling in test matches as they slog and shizzle, but the batting is enjoyable if you play sensibly and play it like a real test match scoring at about three runs per over ;)

-D-S-B-

International Coach
And Mark, I don't really enjoy bowling in test matches as they slog and shizzle, but the batting is enjoyable if you play sensibly and play it like a real test match scoring at about three runs per over
That's where IC10 is an improvement, you don't have to try and bat slow because in most cases you're forced to bat slow.

saladguy

That's where IC10 is an improvement, you don't have to try and bat slow because in most cases you're forced to bat slow.

Sounds good man, do you play T20? If so, what are your thoughts, is it an improvement on AC09? Oh yeah, and have they fixed the ridiculous number of run outs and no balls?

punjabi_mc29

School Cricketer
Sounds good man, do you play T20? If so, what are your thoughts, is it an improvement on AC09? Oh yeah, and have they fixed the ridiculous number of run outs and no balls?

Hey there,

I've been playing this game for a while now but I'm kind of losing interest in the game due to a higher interest in gaining prestige levels in Call Of Duty - MW2.

At the moment, I'm just gaining all the achievements and kits in IC2010.

The game is definitely an improvement to AC2009 but the only thing it lacks is multiplayer. The boundary bug does frustrate me and my opponent as the game disconnects.

I do play alot of 20/20 and I think it's kind of close to the real life 20/20. It depends on what level of difficulty you are on. I recommend playing on medium and hard.

I remember when I started to play the super league 20/20 on easy difficulty, one of the players scored a triple century in 20 overs and I got the opponents out for 50. So I decided to play on hard which is tough without the HUD and the scores are much closer to reality.

In conclusion, if you are into playing online, wait for the online fix and a price reduction (the game is definitely not worth what I paid for).

Cheers

Jocar83

School Cricketer
I'd get it. Doesn't cost much. Get it online for spare change really. I would have had it allot sooner but I didn't realise it was released in the UK already. I was waiting on the Aus release and stumbled on to the forums here and saw the thread on "how are you going with ic2010" ordered it that night on ebay and got it 2 days later. All for around $60au. Its a better game than ashes 2009. Though very similar in many respects. (Allot has been recycled) But what changes have been made, have increased the playability ten fold from what I can tell so far. I'm not sure about your financial status, but for those people saying don't buy it for $100 etc I would have if it was my only option. But my only option was cheaper as it isn't sold in Aus yet. But I'm a little guilty of buying a game every time I walk into an Eb Games or Kmart. So its probably better to not listen to me on this one. :laugh

Users who are viewing this thread