The Official 'Quitters' Thread

D

Dutch

Well I have stickied the thread as we all know we are going to need it. We really don't want it turning into a cesspit like the AC09 thread ended up being:

Some guidelines:

1. State the score of the match (Someone who quits after two overs is doing it for a different reason that someone who quits on the last ball!)

2. State the name of the player involved

3. Keep your irritation within the forum rules

4. Be open to hear the reasons why someone quit if it involves active PC members. Things do happen!

Anyone going beyond the bounds of reasonable expression of annoyance etcetera will be dealt with. Remember, even though it is annoying, it is a game!:) (Sacre bleu! The sacrilege!)

The List

PS3
Singhisking5

Xbox

Last edited by a moderator:

GilchristRulz

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just thought i would make one...so it will help others to be vary of those who quit and yes they are all back!...i have had two quitters past two games,really annoying as i was in a winning situation in one of them. or the other had a good start.So just put them losers name on this thread...because i can guarantee that we will see same names appearing again and again from loyal members on here.

SinghisKingh5
Akki-786

you would not even last more than an over with akki-786 lol.

Also this should be a sticky as members here will have a better idea who to look out for in the future.

Zidane913

School Cricketer
I was just playin online now on ps3 10 over match and the guy quit in the 3rd over, but i never got the win to my name it didnt appear on stats, wtf is this.

jan52

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
welcome back quitter thread . please also mention that its PSN or xbox live .thanks

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Bah. I guess this thread had to happen sooner or later.

Trickstar really need to tighten this area up next time.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I think we're going to have to have strict rules on how this thread operates. No flaming or arguements over tactics. Just name of the person who quit and the match situation (then they can respond if they're a member here). If someone is mentioned more than once we'll add their name to the first post.
I really think that sportsmanship ratings will help and this won't turn into the AC09 thread.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
I have a connection which will sometimes die on me. I'd estimate one in every 7 or 8 matches. It's probably down to my router, but I could just as easily be seen to "quit" in a match that I'm dominating as one that I'm not doing to well.

How do others with this problem handle this? Do you straight away message the other person and let them know what happened as soon as your connection is alright. Or maybe also come on here and make sure they haven't put you on a quitters list?

-D-S-B-

International Coach
I have a connection which will sometimes die on me. I'd estimate one in every 7 or 8 matches. It's probably down to my router, but I could just as easily be seen to "quit" in a match that I'm dominating as one that I'm not doing to well.
No it's because you live in Invercargill. :p

Mr Snrub

International Coach
No it's because you live in Invercargill. :p

Hahahaha. Typical bloody Dunedinite! Just focus on getting that Otago team able to beat us in Rugby. That ought to have your hands full for a while. :banana2

-D-S-B-

International Coach
We got a Shield Challenge soon mate. All ours I say ;) Bring that bad boy home!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Well that's why the match situation component of this thread is crucial and why we ask that all posts include it, because if you say someone quit while ahead it is very different than quitting on 9/22.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
Well that's why the match situation component of this thread is crucial and why we ask that all posts include it, because if you say someone quit while ahead it is very different than quitting on 9/22.

Hasn't happened to me more than 2-3 times across all games I own, but it can be a pain when it happens. There's just more chance of it happening with cricket going longer. At first I thought the opposition had done it and then I tried to go onto google and my computer wasn't going online either, so I knew it was the router.

I think when I get the game I'll just play as normal and if anything happens I'll just check on here (and email on PSN) and offer to replay and get myself in the same situation if possible.

Brook

Club Captain
LostProphet2211 (something like that anyway)
XBox Live
Pakistan (me) 53/3 off 5 overs in a T20 against England
I hit 3 consecutive 4s off Graeme Swann and 'connection is lost'

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think we're going to have to have strict rules on how this thread operates. No flaming or arguements over tactics. Just name of the person who quit and the match situation (then they can respond if they're a member here). If someone is mentioned more than once we'll add their name to the first post.
I really think that sportsmanship ratings will help and this won't turn into the AC09 thread.

If that doesn't work then we always have our Creed :D :p

Users who are viewing this thread