Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Oh, nice, i can start. I think it would be best to make our way from the early stages of cricket to modern cricket (or maybe be stuck in the early stages :p), so i'll go with The Don. I realise that W.G. Grace would’ve been a more appropriate pick, but you just cannot pass on Bradman, and i guess his era was early enough :p

CerealKiller's XI
3. :aus: Sir Donald Bradman :bat:

@Aislabie[DOUBLEPOST=1603551912][/DOUBLEPOST]@blockerdave i guess you have to edit the draft order to include @qpeedore and @ahmedleo414 , but please let me retain my first pick :D

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
If you've got Bradman then there's only one person I can realistically go with - the best spinner in Test history, Hedley Verity.

394124.html

:eng: :bwl: Hedley Verity

Test stats: 144 wickets @ 24.37 (5 5WI, best 8/43) in 40 matches
:bwl: Bowling VARP (spin): :up:105.02%

First-class stats: 1,956 wickets @ 14.90 (164 5WI, best 10/10) in 378 matches

The question "who was the best spinner of all time?" is usually one that attracts two names: Warne and Murali. While both are undoubtedly among the top handful of spinners to have claimed a hundred Test wickets, the best of them all is Hedley Verity, a crafty Yorkshireman whose wicket-taking and control made him more than twice as valuable as a replacement spinner could be expected to be. He averaged 24.38 at an economy rate of under 1.9 while those spinners who played alongside and against him could manage figures of 36.97 and 2.55 respectively. Verity was a titanic bowler in a golden age of batting, and one of the very few players who knew how to get Don Bradman out - managing to do so eight times in Test cricket.

The strangest thing is that he could have been so much more: in an era when players would play well into their 40s, Verity's career was finished by 34 and his life by 38: not through illness or misfortune, but by being blown to bits in the insanity of the Second World War.

@Parth D

Last edited:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
If you've got Bradman then there's only one person I can realistically go with - the best spinner in Test history, Hedley Verity.

394124.html

:eng: :bwl: Hedley Verity

Test stats: 144 wickets @ 24.37 (5 5WI, best 8/43) in 40 matches
:bwl: Bowling VARP (spin): :up:105.02%

First-class stats: 1,956 wickets @ 14.90 (164 5WI, best 10/10) in 378 matches

Write-up later

@Parth D
You should submit an article to Cricinfo about VARP

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
You should submit an article to Cricinfo about VARP
I know, but they'd either nick the formula and make it something proprietary for themselves, or say "thank you very much" and then have Karthikeya Date write the article instead. I'm thinking of maybe turning it into a book, but I got a bit sidetracked while putting the data together so who knows

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Copyright it. Send a letter with the VARP details by post to yourself. The postage system in most parts of the world still stamp stuff with dates. Leave your letter unopened unless required by a lawyer. You know what's inside it, after all.
I think if he creates an original literary work, he gets automatic copyright. How copyright protects your work - GOV.UK

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
alright i guess, i messed it up, i assumed that our picks individually should be linked with our previous pick

i think i am doing too much at once and messing things up

@blockerdave i request you to fill my position with ahmedleo or qpeedore

i need some rest i guess :|

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
alright i guess, i messed it up, i assumed that our picks individually should be linked with our previous pick

i think i am doing too much at once and messing things up

@blockerdave i request you to fill my position with ahmedleo or qpeedore

i need some rest i guess :|

Are you sure? I am going to add @qpeedore and @ahmedleo414 anyway, so you can continue if you wish.

It's perfectly valid to choose to break early to secure a player you want, i was just checking. The rule is that the picked player has to have played against the previously drafted player, not your previously drafted player.

Let me know if you want to continue - and stick with Sachin - or not. As it obviously affects who I can pick.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Are you sure? I am going to add @qpeedore and @ahmedleo414 anyway, so you can continue if you wish.

It's perfectly valid to choose to break early to secure a player you want, i was just checking. The rule is that the picked player has to have played against the previously drafted player, not your previously drafted player.

Let me know if you want to continue - and stick with Sachin - or not. As it obviously affects who I can pick.
Continue without me for this, I will rejuvenate until then

Users who are viewing this thread