Draft: The Block(er)Chain Draft

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I'll be making my pick shortly... I've been working for the past 18+ hours, just need a quick nap before starting work again

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I'll be making my pick shortly... I've been working for the past 18+ hours, just need a quick nap before starting work again

Well, that's rank :lol

@blockerdave I've updated the first post with the picks so far, just before it becomes too many ( I really wasn't that bored at work or anything...)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
@qpeedore is late, so I’ll go next and I’ll take Viv's namesake and fellow batting genius Barry Richards.

@CerealKiller can go next.

Whichever of QP or CK go next, please use Barry as the link not Viv... it's always the last pick, not whomever was last when it was your turn.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
FYI... Viv and Barry played against each other in county cricket, e.g. Hampshire v Somerset at Bournemouth, 7 May 1977

They also played together in a sensational passage in WSC (The Richards duet: When Barry and Viv launched into the Australian attack - Cricket Country which for absurd reasons doesn't count as first class so is technically out of scope for this draft.

So, my team has Barry Richards and Wally Hammond so far.
Knew it that once I picked one of the Richards, the other would be next... Was just the question of Barry vs Viv

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
Sorry, the real world and whatnot. So I have to go with Barry Richards?

Well that's pretty easy. Richards and Gordon Greenidge played together for Hampshire, so I'll take him.

1. Gordon Greenidge :wi:
6. Johnny Douglas :eng:

Last edited:

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
I think @CerealKiller missed the deadline, by 24 hours and then some, considering my lateness. (Or well, there's two hours to go if you take my post into consideration, but I posted late...so...how will it go? The original time, or the time that I posted considering it's a new link in the chain?)

Next up is @Dale88 or @CerealKiller. The current person to chain is Gordon Greenidge. Anyone who played FC or Tests with or against him.

Keep the below going strong. You've got a great player to chain into one of the best times for cricket.

Our first class span so far from Rhodes (1898) to Abbas (1987) is 89 years!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread