The Book Thread

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I don't read for pleasure. That was way back in 4th grade when I used to read every Goosebumps book.

That said, I have read one book for pleasure in the recent past and I loved it. It's called Shantaram and I was wondering if anyone else on here has read it? If not, I seriously recommend it.

pavanbharadwaj

Club Captain
I have finished reading the full series of Harry Potter and Scherlock Holmes.But now I dont have time to read any other book other than my college books.

Manly

Thor
Last two books read (through choice):
Lovejoy on Football - evertonfan's recommendation
Richard Hammond - On the Edge: My Story - One hell of a book! Details from his crash right through to the end of his recovery, co-written by his wife Mindy, iirc. (Think that's her name anyway)

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've just started reading Anthony Kiedis' autobiography, Scar Tissue. For those of you who don't know, he's the vocalist for the Chili's.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I've just started reading Anthony Kiedis' autobiography, Scar Tissue. For those of you who don't know, he's the vocalist for the Chili's.

Its definitely a decent read!

Bilal91

International Coach
well not really reading anything at the mo...but have got the eragon book just in case i don't have anything else to do

Ritwik

co-founder
I've read all of them, and I couldn't disagree with you more on A&D. It was good mind you. But compared to DVC, it was, as our old friend Ritwik used to say, written like a bad bollywood movie. Deception Point was utter crap IMO, though Digital Fortress was easily his best effort until DVC came out.

Hey, didn't quite expect to see that bit, although I can't remember saying it on these boards [its true though].

I've just finished reading Nathuram Godse's court statement, which he delivered after assassinating Gandhi. Can't really recommend it to people here, it was full of propoganda and failed to meet even the quite low expectations I had of it.

I also recently read Ishiguro's Never Let Me Go. A fantastic and moving novel if there ever was one, I would highly highly recommend it to everybody!

I am quite keyed up about Amitava Ghosh's next, The Sea of Poppies. It is supposed to be out soon on Penguin, and may even be his best yet.

D

Deleted member 13648

I've only just come off pop-up books! FHM is definatley one of those...

usy

Chairman of Selectors
I'm reading a book called how to improve your behavior to be the most improved member.

wil don't make a joke on this one, culli don't quote my post whatsoever.

D

Deleted member 13648

I don't have to quote it to make you look an idiot :)

Users who are viewing this thread