The PlanetCricket View: The end of Hauritz?

I'm sorry but you've just been damn right rude. I have followed both of said player careers but as usual because you have no basis for your arguments you've pulled out your usual stats don't tell us everything and "I've watched them" which seem to cover everything.

There is a chance you could be wrong you know.

Oh get if it mate. I haven't been rude on bit, ive simply stated my position which is the facts of the matter. So quit the useless crying & stick to debate. Thats seem to be some of you are your cop out positon when you have nothing sensible to say anymore on this forum.

Secondly you have some nerve telling me i have no basis for my arguments. I cant be blamed if you dont understanding certain things. If you say my stats dont tell "us/you" everything. I direct you back to this post which you have managed to avoid:

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/1994833-post41.html

QUOTE said:
Wow. I would expect better from a fellow Englishman who i would have hoped watched Giles career in great detail like myself. So if Giles only bowled out Windies once & was never a serious wicket-taking the ball was turning square. Then how do you explain these performances in:

- Pakistan 2000/01
- Sri Lanka 2000/01
- India 2001/02 (Ahmedbad test)
- Sri Lanka 03/04
- Nottingham 2004
- vs Windies 2004 (twice)

Or this delivery: YouTube - Ashley Giles' "ball of the century"

Along with a similar big spinning delivery he dismissed Brian Lara with @ Lords 2004?.

But nah none of these never happen. All a figment of my imagination. Giles was never genuine a wicket taking threat on turners & he only ever bowled out the windies once in his entire career & thats it.

Please explain me to me whats so difficult to understand here?. Since i cannot see how that does "tell you everything" about Giles record in the sub-continent & how those deliveries to Martyn & Lara does prove conclusively to you as i said, that Giles could spin the ball as big as any top quality spinner when he got turning pitches. If it does not, i saw no i give up, since then it will be obvious i would have hit a brick wall in this discussion.

You keep asking me or rather questioning my analysis everytime i say "i saw A or B player play in X or Y series". So let me ask you then did you see Giles bowl in every test in the sub-continent like i did?. Since if you did not you would have no basis to question what i have said.

Themer said:
My point on Monty is that he along with Hauritz have performed a hell of alot better than Giles has ever been close to in Test match cricket on both first and second innings.

So to recap you are saying Hauritz who consistently failed throughout his career to be a wicket-taking threat on turners for AUS. Was better than Giles who for more than 50% was serious wicket-taking threat on turners in his career.

While Panesar who had one year of international success on a few turners before being worked out. Was better than Giles had a success for over 5 on turners worldwide & was never worked out.

But of course given your crazy tendancy to judge all stats on face value. You probably are saying in your mind because Hauritz & Panesar dont average 40 like Giles, they are clearly better. :facepalm

Hahahahaha Unbelievable :lol. All i can do is a laugh really, since only on the internet could i read such drivel.

None of the australian spinners are much good right now
ok to some extent Casson, Mc Gain and Krejza got a poor deal from the selectors but none of them bounced back with quality first class performances to state their case
Hauritz did ok, the timing of his dropping was strange
The young guys like Smith and O'Keefe might get there, might not
Doherty is ok and he did produce the most promising spell an aussie spinner has bowled in a while vs Sri Lanka in his one-day debut

Its a shame Krejza cant get it all together because of all of them he is the one who can produce the most wicket taking deliveries. Ok he went for a ton of runs in India buthe did produce plenty of balls that troubled their best bats, something few others have done

Overall Im not hopeful, its a tough country to be a spinner at the best of times
I'd say Hauritz is finished, some have said its down to Greg Chappell and his low tolerance for mediocrity?

Last edited:
I'm not even going to bother answering War, your condescending attitude and rudeness, yes rudeness, makes any discussion with you completely futile.

And this isn't me "copping" out because I'm wrong. I'm just not going to bother answering you anymore.

War's arguments all basically boil down to him saying 'I saw them do this, I say this is so, therefore I am right'

If he can't find Stats to back him up, he brings up one-off performances or anecdotes. If those fail, he says 'I saw them and this is what I saw and I must be right'.

You can't debate with anyone who absolutely insists they are right even if they have zero proof to argue with.

To Hauritz credit he has done what he has never done before by picking up his first Shield 5-fer. A few more of them and he'll come back into the fold.

My lack of following Australia vs Pakistan recently coming to the fore!

Users who are viewing this thread