The Favorites

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Biggest worry is their top 3 - all are coming back from injuries and lack of match practice with each other. Might be difficult to adjust. Doesn't help the fact that Sahin, who's hardly played ODI's in the last year, is being "rested" for the warm-up.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah, I rather feel that he isn't completely fit and so was 'rested' for the warmup. For Zak, well India didn't want to risk their top bowler in a warmup. We all know that Zaheer has been susceptible to injuries in the recent past.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
about a month, maybe 2 months, ago Sri Lanka was everyones "dark horse" but now they've talked them up so much and convinced themselves of their case so that they've jumped up to everyones second favourite.

don't get me wrong, I'd love them to win it, but all that's changed in the last couple of months is they've been over-analysed.

Don't know about the others, but ever since the Ashes I've been tipping Sri Lanka as the side with the best chance this WC.

Or rather, the side with the least flaws. India had a weak bowling attack and a few batsmen out of form, Aus were missing the star power and a real settled XI of past lineups , Pak are Pak, Eng lack the big-hitting, match-winning ability since KP and Colly aren't in the best form, NZ and WI are on a downward spiral.

Sri Lanka on the other hand had a decent pace attack, a batting lineup with some experience and quality (despite past records), big hitting ability, allround flexibility and a pretty solid spin attack. And were playing at home. And a good fielding side.

Not outright spectacular, but less prone to failing. A more secure and balanced side than the other nations.

Users who are viewing this thread