MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Thanks to @zimrahil's previous sig, I've been following this for a while - it finally launched on Steam Early Access earlier today.

EA not releasing the Tiger Woods games on PC is my main reason for wanting this, though it appears to be entirely controller based at the moment - I quite liked the mouse swing in the PC Tiger Woods games, though I've gotten used to the analogue stick swing after time with the console TW games. Apparently it does have mouse swing - yay!
An amusing parallel to DBC14 - complaints about the ball trail...

Here's a video of my gameplay on the second course I went through, I really like the casual style of the commentary - fits in very well with the style of the game.

My putting isn't the best yet, but unless there's major hazards, I can usually get on the green in regulation.

Certainly like the course designer approach, much better way to tailor difficulty than just narrowing the amount of margin of error there is for the shots.

Obviously the release timing could have been better, but still I'm happy to finally see competition for golf games - plus having golf games that aren't pay to win like the online only ones.

Last edited:

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks for footage- does look v good

Timing of release is awful though as DBC all the way ATM

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Suppose the positive though is that at the moment it's only early access, so you'll be fine just waiting possibly into next year before it really starts to take its final shape.

I've also read that it's quite demanding for a graphics card at the moment - I'm getting 20fps on high graphics at 1080p and it's certainly smooth enough for me, but some less powerful machines might struggle.

Obviously hard to pull myself away from DBC14 - and it will be even harder once both are on my PC, but I get a quick round in occasionally.

D

Deleted member 9102

I just played some of this last night and earlier today having not played it for a few weeks, and the physics seem much improved compared to when I last played - really enjoyed my couple of rounds.

Here is a vid of a quick 9 hole round I played (beat a score set by @dale0404 :p);

I used @inertSpark's tips on removing the motion blur, using the sharpen filter and the 'Studio RGB to Computer RGB' setting in Vegas before uploading.

Last edited by a moderator:

inertSpark

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I just played some of this last night and earlier today having not played it for a few weeks, and the physics seem much improved compared to when I last played - really enjoyed my couple of rounds.

Here is a vid of a quick 9 hole round I played (beat a score set by @dale0404 :p);

I used @inertSpark's tips on removing the motion blur, using the sharpen filter and the 'Studio RGB to Computer RGB' setting in Vegas before uploading.

Cheers mate and Wow that really looks amazing. I haven't really been following this game but I'm open to a golf game or two. Nice to see you've put my tips to use, it really does improve captured footage a lot.

dale0404

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Hmmm.... :)

D

Deleted member 9102

An eagle I made;

That putt was really satisfying :) Ended up triple bogeying the 18th though and finishing only 3 under.

D

Deleted member 9102

I don't know if anyone's watching these videos, and sorry for the spammy quad-post, but I just got my first hole in one and thought I'd share :p

D

Deleted member 9102

Got another hole in one! :)

This one was really satisfying - it was in the 4th and final round of a tournament while I was in joint 2nd place and it gave me a two shot lead over the other guy which I managed to hold onto by a shot... I am quite suspicious that the guy in 1st was cheating.

It was exactly what I was trying to do with the shot... The greens were fast so I tried to land it short and take some elevation off so it rolls up to the pin, and it couldn't have been more perfect :).

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 9102

Just had this happen :p

938BF1646A32063D0FFC2C537D2DABE51929BCDD

Users who are viewing this thread