abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Is the fan code stream stuck, or just my shifty net?

mohsin7827

International Coach
India
CSK
Birmingham Phoenix
X Rebels
Too much tweaking with batting order in your first match by Oval Invincibles, come on it just 20 balls short
Should have open with Will Jacks

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
145 is a decent total. Basically the RPB is 1.45 per ball? :p Correct?

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Trent Rockets have Malan, Hales, Root, Short, Wright & Gregory! JESUS!

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
You know how this format is supposed to make cricket so simple “even mums” can understand it - isn’t “well the bowler might bowl 5 balls or they might bowl 10” way more complicated than “there’s a 5 ball over…”

and I just saw some highlights pop up on Twitter - WTF is that score overlay? That is vastly harder to understand the position and what’s going on that the normal one.

this is “simpler” in the way wearing a mask in the car on your own is “reasonable”.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
You know how this format is supposed to make cricket so simple “even mums” can understand it - isn’t “well the bowler might bowl 5 balls or they might bowl 10” way more complicated than “there’s a 5 ball over…”

and I just saw some highlights pop up on Twitter - WTF is that score overlay? That is vastly harder to understand the position and what’s going on that the normal one.
Yeah; if they desperately needed to get it down to 100 balls, then fine - have twenty five-ball overs. But the rest of this is classic ECB autofellatio.

this is “simpler” in the way wearing a mask in the car on your own is “reasonable”.
And dangerous for speccy people such as I

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don’t mind it being called T20 as it is twenty overs of five balls after all. If timeless tests, 3 days, 4 days and 5 days count towards first-class cricket and 60, 50 and 40 overs count towards List A stats, don’t see why the Hundred has to be a unique format.

I just find it very pointless at the expense of what could have been a lovely T20 tournament with the same dedication and money thrown at it. With also most of the counties and domestic cricket not suffering a catastrophic blow.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I don’t mind it being called T20 as it is twenty overs of five balls after all. If timeless tests, 3 days, 4 days and 5 days count towards first-class cricket and 60, 50 and 40 overs count towards List A stats, don’t see why the Hundred has to be a unique format.

I just find it very pointless at the expense of what could have been a lovely T20 tournament with the same dedication and money thrown at it. With also most of the counties and domestic cricket not suffering a catastrophic blow.
I didn't think they'd have separate stats, I thought it'd either not be recorded like T10 or would be lumped in with T20. It's got a lot more in common with T20 than, for example, the last two first class games India have played. One was six days of high quality, intense cricket and one where they just wanted it to end and spent the final day killing time.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Not quite the biggest issue here, but the franchise names are pathetic. Southern Braves? Manchester Originals? Seriously?

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
The franchise names are pathetic. Southern Braves? Manchester Originals? Seriously?
I never thought we'd see worse than Rising Pune Supergiant and Basnahira Cricket Dundee, but here we are.

It also would have been fairly easy to use the ancient regions/kingdoms as team names:
- Anglia (Essex & Northants / Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk & Suffolk)
- London (Middlesex & Surrey / Berkshire, Buckinghamshire & Hertfordshire)
- The Marches (Glocestershire & Worcestershire / Herefordshire & Shropshire)
- Mercia (Derbyshire & Notts / Lincolnshire)
- Midlands (Leicestershire & Warwickshire / Oxfordshire & Rutland)
- Northumbria (Durham & Yorkshire / Northumberland)
- North West (Lancashire / Cheshire & Cumbria)
- The Weald (Kent & Sussex)
- Wales (Glamorgan / Cornwall & Wales MC)
- Wessex (Hampshire & Somerset / Devon, Dorset, Isle of Wight & Wiltshire)

I know that's ten teams not eight, and a little unbalanced in places, but it could at least connect with some sense of history in Britain. Quite unlike the Trent Rockets

Users who are viewing this thread