• Potentially problematic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
That was probably the best of the men's matches as @Ed Smith's Basement Super Chargers just fell short.

I do really like the new playing regulations. Particularly new batsman on always on strike and the fielder penalty when you don't reach the cut off for the final over. Changing ends after two overs is good and the double over is a nice one too. Would certainly see the first two being added to other limited overs matches, they definitely seem to give the bowlers a little extra.

B

Bigby Wolf

No Super Overs for Tied games in Hundred?

Had one in Cricket 19 tournament, was excited for a superover but then Ugly Slater Voice came over transition in to the tournament screen.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
New batsman on always on strike
This is a sensible change tbh; I think it used to be this way in Cricket 07?

The fielder penalty when you don't reach the cut off for the final over
A borrowed regulation from the Blast which works well there too

Changing ends after two overs is good and the double over is a nice one too
This is where I really disagree though. It's just needlessly complicated, especially for the new viewers the tournament is aimed at, to constantly be speculating about if a bowler's staying on for a second over or not. And that's as someone who still likes the tactical flexibility of it

Would certainly see the first two being added to other limited overs matches
I think the first one would always have made more sense tbh. Just please not the weird double over thing.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
This is a sensible change tbh; I think it used to be this way in Cricket 07?

A borrowed regulation from the Blast which works well there too

This is where I really disagree though. It's just needlessly complicated, especially for the new viewers the tournament is aimed at, to constantly be speculating about if a bowler's staying on for a second over or not. And that's as someone who still likes the tactical flexibility of it

I think the first one would always have made more sense tbh. Just please not the weird double over thing.
I didn't realise the fielder penalty had already been used. I wonder why they don't ever mention that.... :rolleyes It is something I would like to see in all limited overs matches. If they could find a way to speed up test cricket, even better.

I like the double over as an interesting tactical tweak. It can mean the bowling team has an extra advantage. I don't know if it'd be used as much if it was 12 balls, it'd almost certainly be restricted to spinners which would make it somewhat pointless. It does feel the most like a gimmick whereas the others stuff just feel like sensible changes to improve duration.

Users who are viewing this thread