The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
Darren Gough

His bio from wiki

"The spearhead of England's bowling attack through much of the 1990s, he is England's second highest wicket-taker in one-day internationals with 235, and took 229 wickets in his 58 Test matches, making him England's ninth-most-successful wicket-taker.

Gough was a right arm fast bowler and right-handed batsman. 1.80 m (5' 11") and broad in beam, he achieved his pace from a good approach to the wicket and a leaping sideways-on action, achieving what was often described as "skiddy" fast bowling. Capable of swinging the ball late, many of his wickets were gained through lbw or bowled, often with an inswinging yorker delivery"

ODI Stats:
Matches: 159
Wickets: 235
5w: 2
Best: 5/44

List A Stats:
Matches: 420
Wickets: 598
5w: 7
Best: 7/27

My Team

1. :eng: :bat: Graham Gooch
2. :wi: :bat: Desmond Haynes
3. :aus: :bat: Ricky Ponting :c: (P)
4. :ber: :bat: James Celestine (L) If he can stick around for a minute that fine, if not then after he gets out Imran can come and hopefully pick up the slack
5. :pak: :ar: Imran Khan (L)
9. :zim: :ar: Mluleki Nkala (L)
10. :eng: :bwl: Darren Gough
11. :ban: :bwl: Mustafizur Rahman (L)

Left and Right fast bowlers to open the attack should give us a strong start

@CerealKiller

Last edited:

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Makhaya Ntini, with 266 wickets in 171 innings, at an excellent average of 24.

CerealKiller’s XI
1. :nzf: :bat: Martin Crowe
2. :eng: :bat: Sam Hain
4. :pak: :bat: Javed Miandad
7. :pak: :ar: Wasim Akram
8. :eng: :wkb: Tim Ambrose
9. :nzf: :ar: John Bracewell
10. :saf: :bwl: Makhaya Ntini
11. :nzf: :bwl: Chris Martin

@El Loco

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Still to this day can't believe that this guy was left out of 1996 World Cup squad for Australia. Dean Jones was a pioneer of how to play one day cricket with daring strokeplay coming down the track to fast bowlers and aggressive running between the wickets. Honestly believe the 1996 World Cup would've been very different had he been included, a victim of politics and selectors' mismanagement. In at number 3 is Dean Jones.

1. :wi: :bat: Gordon Greenidge
3. :aus: :bat: Dean Jones
4. :saf: :wkb: AB de Villiers
5. :saf: :ar: JP Duminy
6. :eng: :bat: Mike Brearley
7. :zim: :ar: Malcolm Waller
10. :nz: :bwl: Shane Bond
11. :pak: :bwl: Shoaib Akhtar

@Yash.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Still to this day can't believe that this guy was left out of 1996 World Cup squad for Australia. Dean Jones was a pioneer of how to play one day cricket with daring strokeplay coming down the track to fast bowlers and aggressive running between the wickets. Honestly believe the 1996 World Cup would've been very different had he been included, a victim of politics and selectors' mismanagement. In at number 3 is Dean Jones.

1. :wi: :bat: Gordon Greenidge
3. :aus: :bat: Dean Jones
4. :saf: :wkb: AB de Villiers
5. :saf: :ar: JP Duminy
6. :eng: :bat: Mike Brearley
7. :zim: :ar: Malcolm Waller
10. :nz: :bwl: Shane Bond
11. :pak: :bwl: Shoaib Akhtar

@Yash.

Finally!

Was wondering if he would be ignored in this draft due to the modern day accumulators. A true legend of ODI cricket, glad that he was picked.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
I'll agree with that - an excellent pick who personally wasn't on my radar at all. So far, nobody has gone for any of my first-choice six players, which is starting to feel a little bit strange.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
I'll agree with that - an excellent pick who personally wasn't on my radar at all. So far, nobody has gone for any of my first-choice six players, which is starting to feel a little bit strange.

lucky.. i've already lost two of mine :noway

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Darren Lehmann...

Based on Career statistics. This man is an all round beast. Also provides the team with a handy chinaman option.[DOUBLEPOST=1585889798][/DOUBLEPOST]@blockerdave

Aislabie

Ireland
Darren Lehmann...

Based on Career statistics. This man is an all round beast. Also provides the team with a handy chinaman option.[DOUBLEPOST=1585889798][/DOUBLEPOST]@blockerdave
And here goes one of my first-choice picks. Statistically one of the all-time grearest accumulators by running strike rate, which is all the more impressive given his laughably slow foot speed.

Worth noting though - he was an orthodox, not chinaman, spinner

Aislabie

Ireland
fuep3ngzonstavydrvjs.jpg

My pick is :saf: :bat: Herschelle Gibbs

ODI stats
: 8.094 runs @ 36.13 (21 centuries, best 175) in 248 matches
List A stats: 11,976 runs @ 35.43 (27 centuries, best 175) in 389 matches

Okay so full disclosure, I planned to pick Kris Srikkanth for this role. That was based in no small part off my own expectation that Gibbs would disappear in no time, but here he is still available. Not every day was Gibbs' day: when out of form, a tendency not to watch the ball as carefully as he might would be his undoing, but when he was on he was capable of doing things like crushing Daan van Bunge for six sixes, or scything a 111-ball 175 to chase down that 434. As a top-order hitter, he was rather ahead of his time.

@Aislabie 's XI so far:
2. :saf: :bat: Herschelle Gibbs
3. :ind: :wkb: Rahul Dravid (L)
5. :ned: :ar: Ryan ten Doeschate (L)
6. :eng: :ar: Andrew Flintoff (P)
7. :saf: :ar: Mike Procter
8. :afg: :ar: Rashid Khan
10. :pak: :bwl: Waqar Younis (L)
11. :zim: :bwl: Pommie Mbangwa (L)

@Na Maloom Afraad up next

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
NMA's XI
1. :ind: :bat: Sachin Tendulkar (P)
2. :eng: :ar: Ian Botham
4. :saf: :bat: Graeme Pollock
6. :pak: :ar: Abdul Razzaq
7. :saf: :ar: Lance Klusener
8. :ber: :wk: Kwame Tucker (LD)
9. :ber: :bwl: Dwayne Leverock (LD)
10. :ind: :bwl: Narendra Hirwani (LD)
11. :ken: :x: Josephat Ababu (LD)

With none of my initial picks available (Shakib, Stokes, Symonds), Abdul Razzaq will be my middle-order all-rounder.

Abdul Razzaq was once rapid enough to open the bowling and remains composed enough to bat anywhere, though he discovered that the lower-order suits him nicely.

"His bowling - the reason he was first noticed - is characterized by a galloping approach, accuracy, and reverse-swing. But it is his batting that is more likely to win matches. He boasts a prodigious array of strokes and is particularly strong driving through cover and mid-off off both front and back foot. He has two gears: block or blast. Cut off the big shots and Razzaq gets bogged down, although patience is his virtue as he demonstrated in a match-saving fifty against India in Mohali in 2005."

"Just prior to that he had also played a bewilderingly slow innings in Australia, scoring four runs in over two hours. When the occasion demands it though, as ODIs often do, he can still slog with the best of them: England were pillaged for a 22-ball 51 at the end of 2005. And then again for nearly 60 runs in the last three overs of an ODI in September the following year."

"A brilliant demonstration of his hitting would be his memorable 109* off 72 that led Pakistan to victory against South Africa in 2010. And if we're assuming that all these players that have been picked are selected at the time of their peak, then he really should be good enough, to not only open the bowling, but also be considered as one of the best bowlers in the team because of his pace, accuracy, and swing. A proper all-rounder."

@deleted member, you're up next bub

Users who are viewing this thread