4. :saf: :bat: Graeme Pollock
5. :nz: :bat: Ross Taylor
6. :pak: :ar: Abdul Razzaq
7. :saf: :ar: Lance Klusener
8. :ber: :wk: Kwame Tucker (LD)
9. :ber: :bwl: Dwayne Leverock (LD)
10. :ind: :bwl: Narendra Hirwani (LD)
11. :ken: :x: Josephat Ababu (LD)

Ross Taylor at five. I'm slightly flabbergasted he isn't considered a top-choice for most people (including me, sadly) in a draft, even if it is based on current cricketers (speaking from experience of managing Cricket Leagues), especially for someone that averages 48.44 in ODIs with almost 9,000 international runs, 21 centuries and 51 fifties in 216 innings.

"Ross Taylor has been a fulcrum of New Zealand's batting across formats for more than 10 years, a period that has brought consistent Test success, especially on home soil, and the appearance in consecutive World Cup finals. In the mid-2000s, he was just what New Zealand need in the wake of the mass of departures from their batting line-up: an aggressive top-order batsman capable of taking up the challenge to world-class attacks. In only his third ODI, Taylor hammered a superb 128 against Sri Lanka at Napier in 2006 and he followed it up with 84 at better than a run a ball in his first ODI outside New Zealand, at Hobart against Australia in January 2007. He scores heavily from the pull and from slog-sweeping the spinners (and sometimes the quicks)."

@deleted member
Was always in my radar. Just didn’t fit in my team due to his place not being available.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
NMA's XI
1. :ind: :bat: Sachin Tendulkar (P)
2. :eng: :ar: Ian Botham
4. :saf: :bat: Graeme Pollock
5. :nz: :bat: Ross Taylor
6. :pak: :ar: Abdul Razzaq
7. :saf: :ar: Lance Klusener
8. :ber: :wk: Kwame Tucker (LD)
9. :ber: :bwl: Dwayne Leverock (LD)
10. :ind: :bwl: Narendra Hirwani (LD)
11. :ken: :x: Josephat Ababu (LD)

Ross Taylor at five. I'm slightly flabbergasted he isn't considered a top-choice for most people (including me, sadly) in a draft, even if it is based on current cricketers (speaking from experience of managing Cricket Leagues), especially for someone that averages 48.44 in ODIs with almost 9,000 international runs, 21 centuries and 51 fifties in 216 innings.

"Ross Taylor has been a fulcrum of New Zealand's batting across formats for more than 10 years, a period that has brought consistent Test success, especially on home soil, and the appearance in consecutive World Cup finals. In the mid-2000s, he was just what New Zealand need in the wake of the mass of departures from their batting line-up: an aggressive top-order batsman capable of taking up the challenge to world-class attacks. In only his third ODI, Taylor hammered a superb 128 against Sri Lanka at Napier in 2006 and he followed it up with 84 at better than a run a ball in his first ODI outside New Zealand, at Hobart against Australia in January 2007. He scores heavily from the pull and from slog-sweeping the spinners (and sometimes the quicks)."

@deleted member

Damn, i was saving Ross Taylor for my last pick... but i guess it's understandable that he would be picked before that

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Was confused between Roscoe and a middle order batsman myself, so decided to leave it late hoping the decision was out of my hands. Now to just hope that my other pick remains available...

@Na Maloom Afraad I would move Pollock and Roscoe one position up, Roscoe skillset is best utilized at four and Pollock would probably bat at three as the best batsman of his team in the modern era.

Samarth27.09

International Cricketer
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
:ind: :bat: Cheteshwar Pujara - @deleted member

:aus: :bat: David Warner - @deleted member
:nzf: :bat: Kane Williamson - @deleted member

giphy.gif

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Kyle Coetzer… bit left field being Scottish, but the numbers are solid for an opener not on the rejected list

1. :sri: :wk: Romesh Kaluwitharana
  2. :sco: :bat: Kyle Coetzer
  3. :eng: :bat: Kevin Pietersen
  4. :aus: :bat: Michael Clarke
  5. :eng: :ar: Ben Stokes
  6. :eng: :wkb: Jos Buttler
  7. :sco: :ar: Gavin Hamilton
  8. :aus: :ar: Chris Simpson

9. :ind: :bwl: Srinivas Venkataraghavan
  10. :ind: :bwl: Javagal Srinath
Innings: 57
Not Outs: 2
Aggregate: 2409
Highest Score: 156
Average: 43.80 (As Opener 46.31)
50s: 17
100s: 4
Ducks: 5
4s: 301
6s: 34
Balls Faced: 2795
Scoring Rate 86.19
Opened Batting: 51

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
decent numbers, but i guess largely picked up against associates?

Surprisingly not as much as you'd think:

ODI record against Full Members - 774 runs @ 40.73 (2 centuries, best 156) in 19 matches
ODI record against Associates - 1635 runs @ 45.41 (2 centuries, best 133) in 40 matches

So although most of his games have been all-Associate affairs, he doesn't fair any worse against Full Members.

Users who are viewing this thread