The LBW/Bowled Video/Discussion Thread

divadinho

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've had quite a few bowled's and LBW. Most are from the incredibly bad shot selection and most are in 20-20 or Test matches. Haven't really played 50 over matches.

KP-Nuts

School Cricketer
There are some great videos here chaps (and some very questionable ones too ... lol)

What I want to know is if anyone has managed to rip the stumps out of the ground with a bowled wicket yet?

I really want to tear some stumps out and get that big bassy "clonk" like the noise Freddie got from running Ponting out yesterday.

Anyone done it yet?

99 Not Out

Club Cricketer
I get loads of LBWs with that Sri Lankan spinner...Mishra? He is brilliant :D

McNab

School Cricketer
Don't want to sound to negative but from what i saw of most the bowled wickets its a line people i think should stay away from trying to master. It's good cause people think we're finally getting some LBW's and bowleds but then again in 90% of the videos its not down to the delivery its down to the AI being bugged and playing backfoot shots.

Although some of the wickets taken (One of anderson bowling though the gates was my fav) have been really nice to watch but i just felt like warning people off trying to master a line that ultimately is bugged by the looks of it

jack1865

School Cricketer
no pics as im on xbox but today on hard bowled against freddie flintoff with steyn and bowled him. But he played a front front shot which was just a fraction mis-timed and the ball went through the gate and bowled him. it was veryy realistic. so it is possible

divadinho

Club Cricketer
Just took a wicket with Anderson in hard. Batsmen mistimed an on-drive and took his off stump. I moved it from a straight delivery outside off to an inswinging ball on middle-off. Looked like a beauty, allthough 'twas only against Bangladesh. They are currently 130-summit for 9. Trying to let them get to 150 before trying and I'll experiment with bowling in the second innings to try and get more realistic AI batting!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'm more proud of this than I probably should be but it's my first bowled with a seamer where there computer was actually trying to play defensively rather than hit me out of the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
There are some great videos here chaps (and some very questionable ones too ... lol)

What I want to know is if anyone has managed to rip the stumps out of the ground with a bowled wicket yet?

I really want to tear some stumps out and get that big bassy "clonk" like the noise Freddie got from running Ponting out yesterday.

Anyone done it yet?

Unfortunately, I don't think the stump's animation has been coded to do that. :(

P

pcfan123

I have uprooted the stump twice, you need a slinger or someone as quick as lee and have to bowl full tosses as high as possible. Tried it out in 2 player and once every 5 or 6 times the stump would come out.

Users who are viewing this thread