The Reintegration Thread

Owzat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
LOL at Vaughan. As if KP writing down his intent to play in the Ashes next year means anything...What is this fascination people have with writing things down?? KP presumably wrote his name on a central contract stating that he'd be available for ODIs and T20Is - look how that went Michael. Things change over time and for KP to promise that he's going to play in next year's Ashes come what may is pure fortune telling.

Ignore Yawn as best you can, he just likes attention and his trying to invent trends is just pathetic. "Bang bang" should be what they do to him in the TMS box.

Owzat

International Coach
Shocker, Yawn has something to say on the matter.

BBC Sport - Kevin Pietersen one-day retirement surprises Michael Vaughan

Taken him a week to come out with it. Personally I think players having to retire to force the ECB to think towards the future instead of series by series is the most worrying aspect.

That and the fact that they brought in a captain who wasn't being picked for ODIs at the time, then replaced him with a captain who wasn't being picked for ODIs at the time..................................... Still they are the same "geniuses" that gave Wright 46 caps and Yardy 28 :thumbs

Look down the list of "current" England players and look in admiration at the one cap wonders too! :facepalm

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Typical... The_Gas returns and he's here to sell something, knew there would be an alterior motive :p

I reckon Gas and Nixon have been secretly married for the last few years.

Ah, I'll never forget the flattering picture of Andrew on a boat. That's enough to make any woman weak at the knees.

vorgaphe

Club Cricketer
Well what a surprise after watching England smash Australia he wants back in. I mean he is my favourite English batsman but it doesn't look great.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Clearly it has got to him that England are succeeding without him, anyways, who will they leave out now?

----------

Bell has finally found some form and Bopara is getting used to batting #4, this is just a mess.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Posted via Mobile Device

He is a big joke tbh. Yes he is a great player has played some fantastic knock but he really needs to know that atleast at home(where England just like few years back India play most) England don't need him. If he has issues with Schedule he could have not participated in IPL but no... He wants money, rest, family time plus adjust in schedule? What is he the new BCCI chairman?

Owzat

International Coach
Clearly it has got to him that England are succeeding without him, anyways, who will they leave out now?

If they have even an ounce of sense they will leave PIETERSEN out. They need to persist with the current strategy of Bell, Cook and Trott at the top and continue with Bopara and Morgan.

I also strongly believe we are better off without Pietersen, he is a selfish git and has too big an ego. The side is better looking to play as a TEAM and not have him coming in trying to win the game, and them looking to him to win the game. England's football team is better off without Beckham, equally England ODI team is better off without Pietersen.

Another good reason not to pick him is because he will probably just retire again when England lose, probably after a failed World Cup. It also proves he is full of sheet as he claimed he was stepping aside for someone younger.....................

BBC Sport - Kevin Pietersen quits international limited-overs cricket

I think it is the right time to step aside and let the next generation of players come through to gain experience for the World Cup in 2015

He's more full of sheet than a curryhouse toilet

S

Satan666

I honestly think the poor lad is a bit confused, on one hand he wants to make the big bucks at the IPL and on the other hand he wants to be a star for the English team, again the IPL to blame once more someday they will fall into the duldrums of hell where they rightfully belong, until then I hope KP makes the correct decision.

Owzat

International Coach
I'd have more sympathy for him had he not made comments about making way for the next generation, thus selling it as some kind of noble gesture when his rethinking it a few weeks/months later shows he is just SELFISH, and self important.

If people haven't already seen the signs as to why he isn't good for the team then they need to wake up. He should focus on his cricket, keep his head down and say less. Had he said he was going to take a break from ODIs and T20Is and think about his position then that could have afforded youngsters an opportunity, not that any saw one, and he could have made himself available again.

War

Chairman of Selectors
I'm starting to get concerned that this thing can blow up into another Pietersen vs Moores part 2 controversy, that could see England having a similar issue with KP like what the West Indies had with Chris Gayle recently.

Fact is lets not kid ourselves, KP's complain about the international scheduled is something many cricketers feel - but none have the guts to talk about it. They rather just to suck it up and go through the motions.

The fact that in the below article, Flower made this specific point concerns me:

England news: Andy Flower unmoved on Kevin Pietersen stance | England Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

quote said:
The ECB are determined to protect all three formats of the game and part of that is not setting a precedent of allowing players to retire from one-day cricket alone.

Why does the ECB need to have this stance?. Somehow i suspect this need to "protect" all three formats is because, England has not embraced the T20 revolution like some parts of the world.

While i am one of the biggest proponents of keeping all three formats of the game intact - fact is their is serious scheduling problem.

The IPL may be a corrupt, manipulative tournament that highlights the horrible balance of power that the BCCI has on world cricket. But really what are players like KP suppose to do, when at age 32, he see's such a opportunity to make so much money from his profession?

England team need KP in all formats, Flower, England fans and the ECB selectors know this - so all should ease all delusions on the POV.

Flower and co has to negotiate with KP, work out something, instead of being so strong towards useless principle that could cause England to loose KP.

Cause for all the love Flower co may get for reviving England, if KP is become a T20 mercenary and leave the test team because of dressing room tension etc - EVERYONE WILL TURN ON FLOWER!

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Have to say I love the title, On Pieterson, it could be a publicity stunt, or he realised that not playing T20 is going to make a dip in his earning.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I think KP has always been about KP to be honest. And likewise, I think England have just tried to get the best they can out of him for the benefit of the team, which is fair enough on both counts. I can understand both sides of the story too, in that England don't want players to just pick and choose and likewise that KP doesn't want to have to play so often. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if this was just a ploy by KP to get out the Australian series, with the hope that the England selectors would give in and let him play just T20s. Because lets face it, if they don't pick him for the One Day games, but then do for the T20 games, then he's essentially got what he wanted anyway, so fair enough.

I think we all need to realise that players don't always do what they do for the benefit of the team and perhaps rightly, they have to look after themselves.

Owzat

International Coach
England team need KP in all formats, Flower, England fans and the ECB selectors know this - so all should ease all delusions on the POV.

I entirely disagree England "need KP in all formats", sometimes an ego is more disruptive to the TEAM than his individual contribution, England are not a one man team and not consistent winners even with KP in the team so his value is not that high.

He is way too outspoken, that is most certainly not what England needs. I think the statement re not retiring from ODIs alone is quite right, they don't need the headache of having to pick three different teams because people pick and choose their formats. While I am an advocate of having two teams for the long and (combined) shorter formats, that isn't ECB policy.

England without KP is like England without Beckham, a lot better than some can possibly put their minds to grasping

Users who are viewing this thread