rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
flower_big.jpg

Having a t?te-?-t?te with the now team director, doesn't help, does it? :laugh

SachBro

School Cricketer
LOL, I must say, he is a damn good wicket keeper though. Really a safe house behind the wicket.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Its the usual story, Prior is the better batter which outweighs the advantage at keeping that Foster has.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Foster's not a bad batsman though, people seem to forget that, believing he's effectively a tail-ender with the bat, but he really isn't. Obviously not as good as Prior, and couldn't bat 6, but he's no mug. He averages 36 with the bat in FC cricket and he's had a very good season. Averaged 66.50 in the FP Trophy, 44.42 in the Championship and 84.66 in the Pro40. Think those prove that he's no mug with the bat, and he's a much better keeper than Prior. Should be in the T20 and ODi sides until Kieswetter's qualified tbh.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Heard about a term called "joke"? This (pic) is one :clap

You need to chillax buddy :)

You should probably head of to the jokes section then, I'm sure you'll be a hit :sarcasm

Howsie added 0 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Foster's not a bad batsman though, people seem to forget that, believing he's effectively a tail-ender with the bat, but he really isn't. Obviously not as good as Prior, and couldn't bat 6, but he's no mug. He averages 36 with the bat in FC cricket and he's had a very good season. Averaged 66.50 in the FP Trophy, 44.42 in the Championship and 84.66 in the Pro40. Think those prove that he's no mug with the bat, and he's a much better keeper than Prior. Should be in the T20 and ODi sides until Kieswetter's qualified tbh.

Have you come around to Mustard yet? Or maybe even Steven Davies.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I'm not so sure Prior's a better batsman when it comes to limited overs. I mean, you could make the argument against him on both fronts there.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Have you come around to Mustard yet? Or maybe even Steven Davies.

I haven't come around to Mustard yet, and probably never will. He's a 1 season wonder, very poor technically and not that good a keeper. Big deal if he scores quickly, he's pants. Makes Luke Wright look like Sachin Tendulkar at the top of the innings. I'd take Geraint Jones ahead of Mustard, and I rank him very low in the pecking order.

Davies on the other hand could very well justify selection in ODi cricket. He's had an excellent season, and looked good against the Windies in the T20 game he played, and given our frailties in ODi cricket, he would be good to have at the top of the order, until Feb when Kieswetter qualifies. When he's an England player we'll finally have a genuinely good One Day keeper-batsman. <3 Kieswetter.

Angy's right as well. Fos > Prior in OD cricket in terms of keeping and batting.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
One season wonder? He's having a good list A season this year. He isn't going to be any worse then Prior and what's the point of playing Davies for 4-5 months if you're just going to select Kieswetter when he's eligible.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
He's having a good Pro40. Had a very average FP Trophy. He's simply not good enough for International cricket. Was picked on the back of 1 decent season after a whole heap of very poor years. Kieswetter's first season as a professional provided better results than all but 3 of Mustards 10 seasons. Mustard had the season before he got stupidly picked for England, this current season and then a season where he averaged 28. Kieswetter came straight in and got results as good, if not better than those.

As for Davies, the point is that he's better than Prior, and at the moment would do a better job. Then, when Kieswetter's qualified he comes in, as he's the better cricketer. Although what would make more sense is to replace Prior with Foster now, play Foster down the order a little and then Kieswetter can come in as a batsman when qualified, as he's more than capable of doing so. He can then take the gloves if Foster doesn't prove to be good enough.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
He's having a good Pro40. Had a very average FP Trophy. He's simply not good enough for International cricket. Was picked on the back of 1 decent season after a whole heap of very poor years. Kieswetter's first season as a professional provided better results than all but 3 of Mustards 10 seasons. Mustard had the season before he got stupidly picked for England, this current season and then a season where he averaged 28. Kieswetter came straight in and got results as good, if not better than those.

Tbf Mustard did start playing when he wass only 16, I don't think it's fair to count all ten seasons. Especially when he only played five matches in his first two years. It wasn't until 2005 that he got a regular place in the Durham team, although he did play 14 games in 2003.

Users who are viewing this thread