The Spin's Download Thread

duffarama

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The Spin said:
Yes and you dont appear to have visited it much since I made you an admin...
Realistic 1.3's release location has not been confirmed, but most likely at PC
Yeah, I'd rather be loyal to a few forums than thousands. I'm sure one of us staff would be glad to pop your patch into the downloads centre. :)

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
If you havent realised Duff, I can put my patch in the download centre myself. Patch team members can.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
They cover both James219 :)

Most noticeably on the bowling side you get a few popping up at short leg and silly point with spinners against the good batsman, and a lot popping up against the tail-enders. There also seem to be more edges through to the slip-cordon when they play off the back foot.

Batting wise, there certainly seems to be more scoreable deliveries on the off-side, and trying to play big very early in an innings can result in edging to the slips.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
I was talking about the computer getting edges, personally batting wise you only really seem to edge it when you play a foolish, or wrong shot, or time it very badly.

I had said the back foot shots lead to more edges, but then I just cleaned up the Windies tail in the second test match, and both Collymore and Bradshaw edged to 5th slip playing foward defensive shots (in their case prods :p ) at the quick bowlers on a hard track.

I've been using Spins realistic gameplay patch, and this tour has been played on normal, although I am beginning to find it a bit easy, so will move up to hard next :) Have turned off the bowling cursor when bowling at the moment on this tour, and it's meant I bowl a few more loose deliveries.

Last edited:

James219

International Cricketer
puddleduck said:
They cover both James219 :)

Most noticeably on the bowling side you get a few popping up at short leg and silly point with spinners against the good batsman, and a lot popping up against the tail-enders. There also seem to be more edges through to the slip-cordon when they play off the back foot.

Batting wise, there certainly seems to be more scoreable deliveries on the off-side, and trying to play big very early in an innings can result in edging to the slips.

Thanks, that's excellent, no file swapping required either ;)

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Thank you puddleduck for answering the questions

And yes, I havent had to annoy people with file swaps yet. I dont see why I should

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
so puddleduck do u edge a lot of top order batsman o any track not just green if so i'll give this patch a try

and one more thing how many realistic patchs do u hav i dlosded the one in the dload centre

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Punk Sk8r, I've only played on a hard and green pitch thus far. With the new ball I have definately found if I can keep it on a line and length, just back of one with Harmy, and just foward of one with Hoggy, I was getting enough edges with both the top and lower order. The ones I noticed most were when they tried to block a ball on and outside off-stump to Harmy, and ended up edging it through to the slips.

It's only one file this patch, so I would recommend just give it a go and see how you go :) I can't comment on how it plays on the hard level yet as I have yet to play it on hard. Will definately be trying it once I complete the tour of Windies, as for now the rest of the tour I will be trying it without the bowling cursor on, whilst on normal. Unfortunately due to not having Sky Sports at my place, I will be most likely moving onto my parents sofa from the 1st March for 5 days ;) Sex-life will suffer, but at least I'll be watching England v India :watchtv

One thing I have found is that the patch rewards not going too defensive with your fields. Even when a batsman is nearly full in, the odd one pops up off the spinners, or edges to a close-ish catcher with a quick bowler. Suits me well since I like having attacking fields most of the time, as they get more in with their batsman, tend to drop a sweeper back, but keep close catchers in. Think Vaughan in the Ashes, attacking-defensive fields :p

As I said, give it a go matey, I've enjoyed it a lot already, maybe you will to :cheers

Last edited:

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
which patch is it the one in the download centre? or are there other Spin realistic patches?

i tried ure patch and i didnt get any edges against Bangladesh in test match green pitch and also the backfoot shots seem to go nowere and the ball goes to the boundary way to fast feilder never stops it

thanks neway

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
The original Realistic Patch is in the download centre

The version 1.1 is included in "The Spins Super Patch" along with Challenging 1.0 and Baginners 2.0

Version 1.2 is the latest version and is available exclusively to the forum members at www.thespinsdownloads.rules.it. Register there to download it!

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
um i singhed up to ure site and all clicked downlods and it sed downloading but there was no bar or anything to show it was downloading?

Users who are viewing this thread