The world's most Overrated and Underrated INTL cricketers

BackwardPoint

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
Overrated: Steve Smith, Phil Hughes, Mitchel Johnson and any Australian spinner post Warne

2black2good

School Cricketer
underrated-Alistair Cook,before this current ashes series all you would hear about Cook is about how his place is in danger,technical issues,etc...

only one player has scored more test 100s before the age of 26 than Cook,one S Tendulkar

+1000

Aus would've felt they had a psychological advantage over him going to in the series.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Why do people start rating a cricketer so highly for a good performance in the Ashes? Cook certainly is very good, but he is being over-rated now. He needs to prove himself in more than one series.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
TBH, I have always considered him a worthy test batsman.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Why do people start rating a cricketer so highly for a good performance in the Ashes? Cook certainly is very good, but he is being over-rated now. He needs to prove himself in more than one series.

He certainly has !!! He proved it in the tough South African conditions last year (something even the likes of Sehwag have struggled to) . Got the captain's armband from Strauss for the tour of bangladesh , fired there with 3 ODI fiftys (only 3 ODIs were played) and 2 test Hundreds (only 2 tests were played) . Just had a difficult summer in England against Bangladesh and Pakistan (not to mention the umpiring decisions he had against bangladesh were so very harsh) . He is certainly Underrated to me .

Last edited:

Dipak

ICC Board Member
Steven Smith overrated:lol:lol:lol

Ask anyone about him outside Aus and Eng and they will tell that is the Graeme's brother

----------

People tend to see the first match of the player a judge him

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah smithy is definitely over rated . I heard some people calling him the next " Shane Warne " . Absolute joke/disgrace :lol

offdriven4

Club Cricketer
He certainly has !!! He proved it in the tough South African conditions last year (something even the likes of Sehwag have struggled to) . Got the captain's armband from Strauss for the tour of bangladesh , fired there with 3 ODI fiftys (only 3 ODIs were played) and 2 test Hundreds (only 2 tests were played) . Just had a difficult summer in England against Bangladesh and Pakistan (not to mention the umpiring decisions he had against bangladesh were so very harsh) . He is certainly Underrated to me .

Not to mention his 60 and104* on debut in Nagpur 2006,mark my words this lad will be the first Englishman to 10k runs.

...And Steve Smith does not look like a test cricketer at all,my 2yr old niece has a better batting technique than him,he's nothing more than a bits'n'pieces player...

Users who are viewing this thread