Think about this...

• Thread starter rahul_sharma_1980
  • Start date

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Originally posted by rahul_sharma_1980@Jan 2 2004, 09:17 AM
Regarding the intel chipset issue,
I think you need to refer to books on Software Engineering and Development to know about backward compatibility. Good software is backward compatible

And about piracy, its not the same as stealing. They are completely different.
Ok, about backward compatibility.

I still think it is perfectly fair for EA to assume that someone who wants to play the latest games will have the latest hardware to play them on. Games are different. If companies didn't make games that pushed the hardware along, no-one would buy the latest hardware, therefore games wouldn't improve in graphics. It's basic business.

And you're right about one thing. Piracy isn't the same as stealing.

It's worse. When you steal a game from a shop, you're only swtealing fromn the shop. Everybody involved in the game has already had their share.

If you get a pirated copy, no-one involved in the game gets their share. You are denying many people of their hard earned money.

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Who knows that how many people here are having pirated copies and showing it as genuine.
They have to show their bill of purchase.

C

crussher22

Im completely against piracy- absoloodle- but maybe (im sounding stipid) rahul sharma 1980 is saying how its difficult to survive- I have no idea what its like in INdia- Maybe he has a little point - all be it HEARTBREAKING for the majority in the world which in this case is 20 programmers somewhere in Canada/Austrailia.......
MAYBE EA SHOULD THINK ABOUT SELLING THE GAME IN A RELATIVE WAY TO THAT COUNTRY- PROPER NAME FOR THIS IS "CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY"- iT SHOULD'T ALL BE ABOUT MAKING MONEY- THEY SHOULD SELL THE GAMES CHEAPER IN PAKISTAN/INDIA(ETC) AND MORE EXPENSIVELY IN EUROPE, AUS(ETC).
MAYBE ITS HARD FOR SOME PEOPLE HERE TO THINK WHAT IT IS LIKE....

S

squiz

IMO i think it truly depends on where you live and how wealthy you are. People that live in the western world have no excuse for piracy.

R

rahul_sharma_1980

I am in no way promoting piracy. My point is very simple. Piracy would continue to exist until those things are made affordable.

And no matter how good the game is - it aint worth 1500 bucks.

Not for any Indian, maybe you guys are pretty well off so you can keep shouting anti piracy.

"It's worse. When you steal a game from a shop, you're only swtealing fromn the shop. Everybody involved in the game has already had their share" -andrew

And about that stealing thing, I dont know how much does EA distribute its profit to its developers. I doubt they do. So piracy doesnt hit the developers, it hits the company.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Of course it hurts the developers! EA pay for the game from the developers and they get a share of the profits.

I agree games need to be made more affordable, but that still isn't an excuse for piracy. There is no excuse.

Think about it this way: If everybody got a pirated version of Cricket 2004, do you think EA would bother making another cricket game? Of course they wouldn't.

E

electioneering

I see Andrew getting little softer on the guys expressing their "realistic" views about piracy

R

ricky123

B) for everyone who talksabout piracy and are blameing andrew for being rude..read this

1:Zero tolerance on piracy.
Posting links to warez sites and program cracks are not allowed on the forum. Anyone found guilty of participating in piracy activity on the forum will be banned and reported to the concerned authorities.

it only says that no one is allowed to promote piracy in this forum

the forum or the admin doesnt care from where u got the game ,

the forum doesnt promote piracy ..thats all ...

and people who curse andrew for only doing his job,read this

2:Respect the authority of moderators
Public discussions of moderator actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

pl .dont blame andrew for ea's mistake .like why is the game so expensive/

no one in this forum works for ea sports on a pay roll.

but they still help ea by fixing the bugs ,and we should all be gratefull for that

and there is no need for anyone to give proof ,that they bought the game legally

cuz this forum is not the extension of e.a sports .we all are a community .

helping eachother will make this community bigger and better only for us .

so people stop complaining

and also stop trying to justify piracy .
but i also want to say that piracy is bad ,but lets not be the judge for that ,

crime is crime :angry:

the people who bought the pirated games

and also ea sports is a crimnal for looting the people

no one can deny that there r lot more negatives in this game then positive .

ea fooled everyone by giving wrong publicity (andrew wilson's interview)

lets put our head and brains together and try to fix the bugs ,cuz i am sure ea is not going to this .

u can call me stupid ,but it is only my point of view .i dont want to offend any one

C

crussher22

yes piracy is wrong- but it is unfair to take advantage of a place by over-charging- Can you not see- that if ea got there act together this piracy crap wouldn't happen so much?

Users who are viewing this thread