Think about this...

• Thread starter rahul_sharma_1980
  • Start date
R

rahul_sharma_1980

You say:
Think about it this way: If everybody got a pirated version of Cricket 2004, do you think EA would bother making another cricket game? Of course they wouldn't.

I say:
If EA brought down the price of the game, it would sell in huge numbers, at least in India. No one would mind spending a some extra bucks just to get the real copy. But what they are charging at present is exorbitant. They could have higher prices or higher sales, not both. And until they change their marketing strategy for India, I am sorry to say, Piracy would continue.

Whether anyone likes it or not.

R

rahul_sharma_1980

And if you'll are starting to fix the bugs, the first one that should be addressed is the intel chipset issue. The game has to run first, the cosmetic problems can be tackled later. I am sure something can be done about it considering distinguished members this forum boasts of.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
We can't fix the bugs ourselves. This needs acces to the source code, which EA won't give us.

The game is 100% compatible with Intel chipsets, as long as you have a graphics card.

Fixing the Intel graphics chip problem is a lot of work.

As the graphics engine has been designed to take advantage of features offered by proper graphics cards, making the game compatible with on-board graphics chips woukld involve re-designing the graphics engine almost from the ground up.

R

rahul_sharma_1980

That sounds like pretty heavy work. My motherboard doent have a slot for that video card. And I cant change my motherboard for a game. Guess I'll have to wait till I upgrage my comp.

I'll keep checking you'll up incase something comes up. The last 3 days were good. ;D:

new

Club Cricketer
Yeah I found out that it works on Intel Chipset.(There is an unnecessary topic in the forum "Intel Chipset Petition")

Well about Piracy , Rahul is right that for an Indian the cost of the game is too high to be spent.(I myself being an Indian , saves my money for Cricket games and I dont spend on other games so that I can buy original copies of the games.)

Andrew is also right in his place that if everybody buys pirated games, then EA will have to stop making Cricket games.But if they reduce the prices they would get huge profits from ASIA.

R

ricky123

B) i think this game was not made for asians

cuz they have not taken any licences from any asian boards and there is no at asia or all time asian team

which shows how much they care about us .

new

Club Cricketer
And by not caring for ASIANS , they are at a loss themselves because a game like Cricket is very popular in INDIA where there are many people to buy.(THATS why we see a cricket game coming every 2or 3 years and not every year like other EA game.)

R

ricky123

B) whatever it is it doent help anyone here

and we cant do anything for that.

so pl.no more replies......

M

Mezzair

Well, thinking that you are allowed to use a pirated copy is crazy, you should play your money for it.. If you made a game and let people steel it, how would you feel?

I

imported_tegg02

Cricket 2K4 is obviously made for every1 to play... why wouldnt they make it for Asians? so that they can get less money?

Apparently many Asians are experiencing the Intel Chipset problems cuz their computers are not upgraded ... they r fairly old ... my comp is 2 years old n still 60% of the late 2003 games dun work on my comp like NFS Underground, Prince of Persia etc ....

So juss upgrade ur mobo n get a kick woof! video card ... problem solved ... I kno it requires lot of money but its worth it if u dunt have any video game consoles ...

I

imported_tegg02

Originally posted by Mezzair@Jan 3 2004, 12:49 AM
Well, thinking that you are allowed to use a pirated copy is crazy, you should play your money for it.. If you made a game and let people steel it, how would you feel?
Piracy is wrong .. but u cant convince a person to stop .. he has to realize that himself

N

Nirav85

Well u know what i find odd...well of course the main markets targetted for this game is sa,nz,eng,aus, and india(these are words of ea...not me)

so what i find odd is when someone buys the orginal small portion of sales go to company right?

so in pakistan ea doesnt even bother releasing it there(stoe owners there order orginals off net nad pople buy) so the thing is how would the compnay get the money from pak even though it doesnt get relased there...

I

imported_tegg02

online game stores like DVDCRAVE.com n all they alll buy a whole bunch of the same game from EA n thtz EA's profits ... n wen the store sells it 2 ppl ... the difference between their buying n selling price to the people is their profit ... thtz how most things work ...

N

Nirav85

yeha i fgured that....gee where did i get that crack pot theroy from :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread