TENNIS Tiebreak - Official ATP & WTA game

JoeS31

County Cricketer
Is the Top Spin talk concrete or just rumour? Would be amazing if there was a new version after all these years!

Nard2020

Club Captain
I can't help but wonder what his idea of "looking good" is. In his eye Both AO Tennis games and TWT 2 were good games and we all know the nightmares that both had.

The recent bad run with delays and poor launches with AFL 23 and Cricket 24 haven't done them any good either.
You’d think because of those very things that they would be very considerate with HOW they roll out the information, showing the process and being as clear as possible about the game…..NOPE. Silence is their method of choice.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Out of curiosity, where did they post that? Didn't seen to post anything on Twitter/X on either the Big Ant or game pages. But given their poor way of marketing, I'm not overly surprised either.

I also fear how expensive this will be, part of me is expected a full price game for a very rough product.

Nard2020

Club Captain
Out of curiosity, where did they post that? Didn't seen to post anything on Twitter/X on either the Big Ant or game pages. But given their poor way of marketing, I'm not overly surprised either.

I also fear how expensive this will be, part of me is expected a full price game for a very rough product.
They didn’t. It came out of the ATP Media Guide, and has been out for about a week. Pretty typical for them to be the last ones to share it. I feel like the same thing happened for their last tennis game, with the release date, pre order Info and DLC all being publicly known before they even said anything.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Did predict a release to coincide with Aussie Open, great to see they're finally utilising the Early Access route, hope the game is priced to reflect.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
They didn’t. It came out of the ATP Media Guide, and has been out for about a week. Pretty typical for them to be the last ones to share it. I feel like the same thing happened for their last tennis game, with the release date, pre order Info and DLC all being publicly known before they even said anything.
Quite sad really, just shows Ross as CEO is more interested in avoiding spending any time or money on marketing.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
There is nothing to market.Early access only on PC should send all sorts of alarm bells ringing.As a more general point is sad to see that independent software houses are struggling .This is the 3rd release in a row which hasn't gone to plan at all.I can only guess that its a struggle to find programmers that can make high quality software for a budget.That said I will of course buy it if the price reflects early access status.I don't really need another tennis game.

Nard2020

Club Captain
There is nothing to market.Early access only on PC should send all sorts of alarm bells ringing.As a more general point is sad to see that independent software houses are struggling .This is the 3rd release in a row which hasn't gone to plan at all.I can only guess that its a struggle to find programmers that can make high quality software for a budget.That said I will of course buy it if the price reflects early access status.I don't really need another tennis game.
It’s possible this was said in jest, but there’s a ton to market. This is the very first game to ever hold the licensing of both tours- The ATP & WTA. That alone is a big deal. Then there’s the whole start of the new season (which is even referenced in the leak photo), which they’ve now also missed. Then there are the host of players that included, some of which have never been in a video game, which is worth marketing. There’s also the looming Grand Slam, in Australia of all places, that is ideal to market a video game around….

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
There is licensing and then there is licensing as we have seen with the cricket 24.In the tennis game it can range from every player complete with playing style and kit ,every stadium to just following the calendar with a few logos but generic stadiums and players at the other end.It will probably be somewhere in between a few stadiums and smattering of top 32 men and women players of which at least one will be playing wrong handed.

Nard2020

Club Captain
There is licensing and then there is licensing as we have seen with the cricket 24.In the tennis game it can range from every player complete with playing style and kit ,every stadium to just following the calendar with a few logos but generic stadiums and players at the other end.It will probably be somewhere in between a few stadiums and smattering of top 32 men and women players of which at least one will be playing wrong handed.
They have the actual license to the ATP and the WTA as organizations…which has never been achieved in the video game world. Players, styles, kits, stadiums are all very different things.

Users who are viewing this thread