• Stick to what we have

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Let's give the ladder a bash

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Online Cricket Games Owned
As battrick has entered a time of change, I?ve been thinking that so do we. With the shift of an 18 week season to a 16 week long one, things are more compact and there?s a new schedule for us all to adapt to.

I have an idea to change the league, this change makes it less intense for teams to compete week-in, week-out, this makes managing the whole season easier. With a 16 week season the cup final is in week 10, now as good as we like to think we are no-one is getting there soon, not yet anyway :p So by approximately week 8 all the PC teams should be out the Cup. That leaves 8 weeks of league matches, just as the season hots up, personally 4 games with no home and away twice just doesn?t do it for me anymore, nor will 4 games home and away.

My idea is that we do a ladder incorporating all the teams we currently have and those in the waiting list. It won?t be a huge lump of 40 odd teams, but two divisions, the top division being the best teams and the bottom the future good teams. To make it interesting the rankings will be inverted so the good teams will have to work their way to the top and the lesser guys get a chance to hold their own. The team at the top of the ladder at the end of the season is crowned champ and the bottom two take the plunge.

Rules are simple, you can?t challenge a team more than 3 places above you. If you challenge a team higher than you, you go up to their spot and they drop below you, if you challenge a team below you, positions are unchanged. Similarly this helps with activity as organisers and teams won?t have to chase ?X? for their challenge.

What do you reckon lads, it?s your choice?

FreddieFan

International Coach
Yeah, I really like that idea. Would be a really competitive race as teams of my and your level try to use the slight head start and beat the top teams to the top.

What happens if I want to challenge a team above me and a team below me wants to challenge me the same week?

borncricketer

Panel of Selectors<br><a href="http://www.planetcr
yea i like the idea too.. but same concern as FF...

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Ya, I like this idea too. :onpc

What happens if I want to challenge a team above me and a team below me wants to challenge me the same week?

I guess challenge to the highest level gains preference. :)

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host

I was thinking a fairer way would be to get a challenge set on a first come first serve basis, as Suren said, a challenge to the higher placed team could take preference thats something else to be thought of.

I've just put a proposal out, if there's enough interest to change I'll get some more in-depth and clearer rules drawn up.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Would be good for bringing in new teams and a consistent competition year in year out

So if you challenge a team below you stay? wha

I like the idea though... so brilliant i should of thought of it

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
the top division being the best teams and the bottom the future good teams.

Where would *presses random pc battrick team name generator*.... Everton? Hang on *Presses again* the southern sharks fit into this tournament?

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Where would *presses random pc battrick team name generator*.... Everton? Hang on *Presses again* the southern sharks fit into this tournament?

As it is common knowledge that Everton are rather wonderful they always fit, sadly the Southern Sharks are in a different league a very different one.... I have actually considered making a special Div 3 where they would be the only team, just so that they can be assured victory.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
I'll be in favour of any format which guarantees a fair few games. I would be against straight knock-outs but apart from that I am very passive.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Lmfao... smart asses, IM IN A LEAGUE OF MY OWN! YAY!

Shouldnt the winner automatically have top fire all three members of his top order?

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Lmfao... smart asses, IM IN A LEAGUE OF MY OWN! YAY!

Shouldnt the winner automatically have to fire all three members of his top order?

Seeing as the special Div 3 will have only you, it means we won't have to hear about Wotton anymore, so yes, almost certainly!

Users who are viewing this thread