1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips For DBC 17 Batting

Discussion in 'Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum' started by Minecraftia108, Feb 11, 2017.

1. grkrama National Board President

grkrama
    National Team:
    INDIA
    Domestic Team:
    CSK
    you can play any shot other than late cut to spinners due to the reflex keeper.

The key to judging spinners is, see were the ball is coming and play late, say if the marker is showing just outside offstump but the delivery is much wider you can be sure its goign to turn in so playing a cover drive would get you edged. especially if the footwork is leaning into it.

One of the simpler methods would be cover drive till 4-5th stump and square drive for anything wider to start with, this will reduce most edges against spinners. once you are able to identify deliveries more, you can cover drive anything.

Langeveldt said thanks for this.
  2. disco123 Club Captain

National Team:
    Domestic Team:
    Sussex
    Now patch 4 is out is there any advice , my experience so far is pretty much every innings I'm caught driving an orange delivery, only century I have made was by not playing anything on offside , just leg side and stolen singles of defensive blocks. Similar to pre patch 4 , Any help would be greatly appreciated... :)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  3. CazCat PC Hostess

CazCat
    Infamous Raptors PlanetCricket Award Winner
    AKA:
    Stupidity factor +10
    National Team:
    Get in the nets and practice timing there is also a thread somewhere.

disco123 said thanks for this.
  4. cricfan90 School Cricketer

Only if you have the relevant cameras that you need in practice mode. Am referring to the broadcast cameras.

Cloud Starkman said thanks for this.
  5. abhi03 School Cricketer

how do i duck to short ball? when i press L3, many times ball hits me

6. Rhone County Cricketer

Rhone
    I find it helps to map the 'leave' button to 'x' and then you pull back on LS and hit x.

abhi03 said thanks for this.
  7. Wavelberry Club Captain

Wavelberry
    National Team:
    England
    Domestic Team:
    Essex, Brockwell Park Nets
    If you do a direction when you push L3 you'll move in that direction as well. Left, right or duck.

abhi03 said thanks for this.
  8. MARK99ZA Club Captain

Am finding if a position the batsman in front of the stumps, its easy to pick most deliveries to leg side, thus scoring heavily. Tried to hard as SA vs ENG. got to 164/0 at lunch! Interested to hear how you make batting more difficult in test matches? Will try hardest and see

9. Pramod Kumar Cherukat School Cricketer

Pramod Kumar Cherukat
    National Team:
    India
    Domestic Team:
    Mumbai

Excellent info. This will be really helpful!