tips for shining a ball

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Online Cricket Games Owned
You could use water but that is not allowed in the game but it still causes it to swing.
Avoid smashing to so much, getting it wet/dirty and shine it often and it will swing for quite along time.

dwayne

School Cricketer
lol i know howto shine it im a opening bowler for my under-17 team but like how they reckon the poms use saliva from a pepperment to aid the swing?

Sureshot

Executive member
dwayne said:
lol i know howto shine it im a opening bowler for my under-17 team but like how they reckon the poms use saliva from a pepperment to aid the swing?

Bracken said that jokingly.

langerrox

International Coach
lol what i do to bowl swing is to sandpaper off one side and mr sheen the other side/sunscreen, i swing it from wide off to leg:D

Hariz

International Cricketer
Hmm dont get caught tampering the ball Langer :D .....The ICC is on the watch-out nowadays. :spy

FreddieFan

International Coach
Is planetcricket opposed to ball-tampering as it is to warez? Can you get banned for encouraging ball-tampering? :D

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Note: 2 piece balls swing more than 4 piece balls, not that you'd spend $50 on a nets ball.

I've seen some methods of ball tampering, but I swear nothing makes the ball swing like rising moisture. A nice warm day after a good overnight rain, when the ground is damp, but not wet and you can feel the humidity come from the grass.

I also have a theory that you can coordinate spin bowling to help keep one side in good nick, as I find that the side that faces into my palm retains more skin over time.

langerrox

International Coach
Hariz said:
Hmm dont get caught tampering the ball Langer :D .....The ICC is on the watch-out nowadays. :spy
haha never been caught, you should see me in matches i pretend to be stuy macgill with my towel but i spray the towel with mr sheen and it swings like mad rofl

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
What i did was play on concrete for about an hour :p. One side of my ball is completely ripped off.

Users who are viewing this thread