TNA iMPACT: The Game

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
PC Sales are far inferior to those of console sales. It's also more complicated making a game such as this for PC, what with changing the controls, making it compatible with lots of different hardware, and then the sales just don't make the effort really worthwhile. The PC gaming community is far, far smaller than that of console gamers.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
PC Sales are far inferior to those of console sales. It's also more complicated making a game such as this for PC, what with changing the controls, making it compatible with lots of different hardware, and then the sales just don't make the effort really worthwhile. The PC gaming community is far, far smaller than that of console gamers.

What? Have you seen how many modders there are for PC games? The PC has a huge gaming community.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
PC gamings on it's arse. The "community" may be huge according to you, but it's obviously not big enough for game companies to consider putting their games on PC. It's too much effort for not enough profit.

Anyway, my copy of TNA's been sent today =D. I'm still looking forward to it, even after reading the somewhat dissapointing review from IGN. The game modes and story mode might be limited, but the actual gameplay looks very solid, with Ultimate X looking incredibly tasty. Liking the look of the aerial moves also. Roll on tommorow =D

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
My game's come =D Had a couple of matches, beat Kurt Angle as Aj Styles, then lost to Christian as Robert Roode. The game looks solid enough, decent gameplay, great graphics, possibly not enough game modes to keep you interested for a long time, but certainly enough to warrant purchase. So far, I'm enjoying it, well worth playing.

khan31

International Coach
The reviews for this game are pretty bad. Lack og game modes, most wrestlers have the same generic moves and taunts and the career/ create a player modes are pathetic.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
None of the reviews were bad, just incredibly average. The wrestlers don't have generic moves, obviously some of the moves are generic, as it's their first game and time was limited, but when you're playing as AJ Styles it feels different to playing as Hernandez for example. The career mode isn't as bad as the reviews claim, it's actually pretty fun, and the Tag Matches with Eric Young, although slightly flawed, are damn fun.

The gameplays brilliant as well, the way the moves flow is superb. The aerial moves are fantastic, jumping from the ring onto the guy on the outside is something that has been missing from the Smackdown games.

The only issues I have are the lack of matches, chair's being legal in every match and also no rope breaks. Apart from that, the game's bloody fun to play. The graphics are superb, the animations are stunning, and all the moves and reversals look excellent. The core gameplay is far, far, better than Smackdown, and far easier to pick up and play. Ultimate X is difficult though, only won 1 out of 3 matches so far.

Users who are viewing this thread