Tournament Expansion "Pack"

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Dutchad planted a seed in my mind. Would anyone be interested in creating a web page here or elsewhere, that acts as a update-able Tournament page?

Since AC09 only starts tournaments at the quarter finals, it would be great if we had a tool that allows us to start any tournament (World Cup, Champions Trophy, IPL) and updates the tables as you go through. Once you determine who is in the quarter finals, you could then use AC09 from that point on.

Here's what would be required:

The Human would have to:

• Select the type of tournament (World Cup, Champions Trophy ect.)
  • Add all the teams involved
  • Post the results (total runs and number of overs)

This means that for any game before the quarter finals, the human would simply play single match games on AC09 and update the web page as they progress through the tournament.

The web page would update by:

• Showing points tables and calculating net run rates
  • Having the right teams in the right tables (e.g. Group A, Group B - depending on the tournament)
  • Telling you when and what the next fixtures should be (i.e. Today's matches: Sri Lanka vs. England; West Indies vs. India ect.)
  • Telling us what the quarter final matches will be, after all the Group fixtures are done

Once you know who is in the quarter finals, you just take it from there with AC09's tournament that starts at the quarter finals.

If a user-friendly web page like this was designed, I think it would be a lot of fun and would provide a kind of "Tournament Expansion Pack". Yes it would mean quitting out of AC09 after single matches (or a few single matches) to update the web page with results, but that's a small price to pay I think.

I know nothing about creating something like this, but would love to be involved if anyone is interested. Otherwise, I might have to PM Dutchad to ask him for his Excel file! :facepalm :p :laugh

D

Dutch

Dutchad planted a seed in my mind. Would anyone be interested in creating a web page here or elsewhere, that acts as a update-able Tournament page?

Since AC09 only starts tournaments at the quarter finals, it would be great if we had a tool that allows us to start any tournament (World Cup, Champions Trophy, IPL) and updates the tables as you go through. Once you determine who is in the quarter finals, you could then use AC09 from that point on.

Here's what would be required:

The Human would have to:

• Select the type of tournament (World Cup, Champions Trophy ect.)
  • Add all the teams involved
  • Post the results (total runs and number of overs)
This means that for any game before the quarter finals, the human would simply play single match games on AC09 and update the web page as they progress through the tournament.

The web page would update by:

• Showing points tables and calculating net run rates
  • Having the right teams in the right tables (e.g. Group A, Group B - depending on the tournament)
  • Telling you when and what the next fixtures should be (i.e. Today's matches: Sri Lanka vs. England; West Indies vs. India ect.)
  • Telling us what the quarter final matches will be, after all the Group fixtures are done
Once you know who is in the quarter finals, you just take it from there with AC09's tournament that starts at the quarter finals.

If a user-friendly web page like this was designed, I think it would be a lot of fun and would provide a kind of "Tournament Expansion Pack". Yes it would mean quitting out of AC09 after single matches (or a few single matches) to update the web page with results, but that's a small price to pay I think.

I know nothing about creating something like this, but would love to be involved if anyone is interested. Otherwise, I might have to PM Dutchad to ask him for his Excel file! :facepalm :p :laugh

My file is very basic and at the moment just allows me a way of recording my scores and keeping a fixture list of the tournament. However I am working on it so that it becomes more interesting and allows for the carrying forward not only of results and points but vital statistics as well (36-34-28 and all that). I have adapted Pasty's excellent work to suit my needs but don't feel it is anywhere nearly worthy enough to post yet. Hopefully this coming holiday (two weeks free, wooohoo!) will allow me more time to develop it further and if it is something I think could be useful for others I can post it then!:)

I love the idea of a website that would keep track of stats and tournaments. I am sure there are talented people who could do something like that and If I can help in anyway I am willing to put some time into it.(Although I about as useful as a bowl of cold macorini cheese when it comes to this kind of thing: I am to website building as George Bush is to Middle East public relations!)

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
My file is very basic and at the moment just allows me a way of recording my scores and keeping a fixture list of the tournament. However I am working on it so that it becomes more interesting and allows for the carrying forward not only of results and points but vital statistics as well (36-34-28 and all that). I have adapted Pasty's excellent work to suit my needs but don't feel it is anywhere nearly worthy enough to post yet. Hopefully this coming holiday (two weeks free, wooohoo!) will allow me more time to develop it further and if it is something I think could be useful for others I can post it then!:)

I love the idea of a website that would keep track of stats and tournaments. I am sure there are talented people who could do something like that and If I can help in anyway I am willing to put some time into it.(Although I about as useful as a bowl of cold macorini cheese when it comes to this kind of thing: I am to website building as George Bush is to Middle East public relations!)

Awesome effort. Can't wait to see what it looks like at the end.

If someone has the time and expertise, I really think a web page or a tool like this would be a big bonus for PC and all members involved!

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
When the W32 file format is open or we have a proper way to import textures into the game , I shall present some of my great visions of an IPL patch for the game.

That's right , I said IPL :)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
When the W32 file format is open or we have a proper way to import textures into the game , I shall present some of great ideas of an IPL patch for the game.

That's right , I said IPL :)

Does that mean we'll be able to make our own tournaments in game eventually (well, those of us who have the first idea of how to go about it, that is)? :p

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'm fairly confident we can edit team names, logos, kits and players but not the actual tournament structures.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Does that mean we'll be able to make our own tournaments in game eventually (well, those of us who have the first idea of how to go about it, that is)? :p

Nope , i ain't no genius. I can do a bit of coding in C++, Java, XML, .NET etc. but I'm still more of an animation guy. So i cant alter the games AI or inner rooted coding regarding tournaments etc. For that there is only one person i look up to ...... AbBh

What I meant was that you can still use the Excel Tournament way of progressing things. But I could replace all 4 custom teams along with Zimbabwe & Kenya for a Proper IPL branding. I.E we shall have proper Team Kits, Team Players , Player Stats, Hoardings, Pitch & Stump Ads etc. All of these can be done in a nice prim & proper manner to add realism & longevity to the game.

But first we must have an Open W32 File browser or an alternate way of importing textures into the game.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
Nope , i ain't no genius. I can do a bit of coding in C++, Java, XML, .NET etc. but I'm still more of an animation guy. So i cant alter the games AI or inner rooted coding regarding tournaments etc. For that there is only one person i look up to ...... AbBh

What I meant was that you can still use the Excel Tournament way of progressing things. But I could replace all 4 custom teams along with Zimbabwe & Kenya for a Proper IPL branding. I.E we shall have proper Team Kits, Team Players , Player Stats, Hoardings, Pitch & Stump Ads etc. All of these can be done in a nice prim & proper manner to add realism & longevity to the game.

But first we must have an Open W32 File browser or an alternate way of importing textures into the game.

Sounds good, Kabook. If you were successful in adding this IPL feature, you'd be thanked by thousands of gamers worldwide - perhaps millions.

The Excel spreadsheet and the external webpage idea would never take off, no matter how user-friendly and attractive you make it. That sort of thing is really for the few hardcore gamers. The general population would find it too much work and won't be bothered. You've got to actually implement it into the game itself, which is where Kabooka is heading with his IPL stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread