Tri Nations (Rugby League)

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Poor Kiwis, they were getting cocky, booking their hotel for the final before they even played GB :) Now this scandal and upset win has stuffed that up.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Good performance by the Kiwis, really played well. Jones was on fire with his kicking game including that one of that post and Webb as always was there to finish off the tries.
If we beat GB, we're going to have one tough match up with those Kiwis, it's time we do our neighbours a favour :)

jdeus

FTP World League Div 2 Champion S13
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well it was an interesting match let put it that way!!!

GB played poorly it has to be said and NZ played very well and definately deserved to win the match.

BUT what needs to be said are the things about the referees and the video referees!

Yet again GB were denied 2 tries by the video referee!!!! Which should have definately been awarded!!!! Also what about on 2 occasions NZ players threw the ball at GB players??? Why were they not penalised??? Its a profession foul and is deserved of a sin bin!!! And there was at least 2 occasions where GB were penalised for knock ons when it was clearly knocked out by a NZ player!

If Im not mistaken, that makes 3 poor video referee decisions against GB and none for Aust or NZ!! Also Aust and NZ have gotten away with foul play!!!! GB havent!!! Were a clean team!!! We dont need to break the rules!!!!

In all honesty It would appear to me as if someone was trying to fix the matches so that its an Aust vs NZ final!!!! And thats proberly because they want more money!!!!!! As that final will attract a bigger crowd!!!!

Having said that maybe Aust should let GB draw or win?! That way Aust will get and easier final against GB than against NZ. Because remember what happen last year??? NZ unexpectedly won!!! And we all know the Aussies hate losing!!!!

Its just a shame that all the poor decisions have gone against GB!!
You know what GB should do??? We should just quit the Tri-nations!! If the Australian NRL teams dont want to play the WCC then why should GB play the Tri-nations??? Especially if were going to get skanked by poor refereeing!!!

I just hope that you guys understand that it has nothing to do with losing! Because GB didnt deserve to win, it has just been a very poor show when it comes to decisions for GB and Im afraid sooner or later if this doesnt change GB just wont bother and then whoever is responsible will feel very stupid indeed!!!!

I expect now about 1 million reasons as to why I am wrong, but I dont care what you say all I have said is fact!!! Unless I have stated otherwise!!!!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I agree the first no try was a try don't know how they could have ruled no try, even the Kiwi commentators said so. The second no try was fine, clear obstruction blocking the Kiwi from making a tackle.

I admit though GB have been getting some dodgy calls through out this series, wish we didn't have them.

jdeus

Clear obstruction?????????????

Where were you looking?????????

Believe me Ive seen worse incidents that have not been given!!! It was definately not!!! And please I know I played the game for 9 years and have watched it for 13!!!!

Im appalled!!

I dont mind ultimately if GB dont make the final, ever, just so long as the tournment was fair!!!

You thats all I crave from rugby! Fairness and justice! So long as the game is controlled properly then I dont mind the outcome!!

And yes I know theres always going to be contreversy but sure not just against one team!!!!????

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Read the rule book, you can't have a player standing in the opposition defence line, and expect not to be penalized. The defence should not have to deal with an extra opponent. This coming from a neutral observer, unlike yourself or any Kiwi fans.

jdeus said:
Believe me Ive seen worse incidents that have not been given!!!

And that makes it right to give a correct no try ruling? Billy Bowden didn't give a plumb LBW in the Ashes, so that means he shouldn't be giving any LBWs then? Ref to the rulebook not past incidents.

jdeus

No your wrong!!!!

The rule is that if you are stood still not moving (like wealens was) then you are not in action as regard the ball so cannot be deemed to be obstructing!

Therefore it is upto the defender to move around you! You are allowed to stand your ground! If you are inactive in the play!!!!

aussie1st said:
And that makes it right to give a correct no try ruling? Billy Bowden didn't give a plumb LBW in the Ashes, so that means he shouldn't be giving any LBWs then? Ref to the rulebook not past incidents.

No you see did he refer the decision to the third umpire??? No!!!!

The fact that in the rugby it was given to the video referee who had all the time in the world to look at it and make the correct decision, but to go on to make the wrong one is inexcusable.

Bowden however had what less than a second to decide!!! How can anyone be 100% accurate when they have a second to evaluate an LBW??? Its not possible!

However as for the video referee should always make the correct call because he has all the time he needs and Im afraid he got it wrong!

jdeus

But did Kidwell make the decision??? No!!! He left play on and went to the video referee, who should get it right!!!

If you notice also in the incident Pryce hit Wellens as so surely he obstructed himself too making it easier for him to be tackled??!

Also as you see Wellens was a dummy runner and didnt get the ball. The NZ player did actually tackle Wellens who then did not have time to get out of the way. He clearly had no idea that Pryce was there!!!

Therefore if were being technically correct then yes your right its a foul, but not a penalty!!! Its a scrum!!! As its a passive obstruction! He didnt do it deliberately as you are trying to suggest!!!!!

But since when have you ever seen a scrum given for a passive obstruction??? Its in the rule book so why didnt the video referee use that rule???? I dont think he was refereeing to the rule book which you said you had to do!!!!!

So doesnt that mean he made the wrong decision??? I think it does!!!!

Last edited:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
You're thinking about rugby union, obstructions in this code, in this part of the country are given as penalties. The ref does it so why should the video ref be any different?

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Wellens move was no way accidental, he was a decoy runner he meant exactly what he was doing, accidental is when the player is in front after retiring and the player with ball in hand runs into him not when you run a decoy.

Right call for me and you won't change my opinion on that matter as I probably won't yours, it had no effect on the game what so ever so lets move on. First no try first enough the next when GB was 20 odd behind who gives a toss.

jdeus

He really didnt do it intentionally!!!!

You cannot say he did, because he looked shocked at what happened!!!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
How a player looks doesn't count for much, they will sell it as much as possible, a player that has knocked on will try and all sell it as I'm sure Wellens was doing.

jdeus

You cant say that!!!

How can you say he was trying to fake his innocense?? What are you basing that on?

Because it looks like nothing to me!!!!

Also what about the NZ players? They all protested!!! Surely that had an effected the decision!! They could have been lying because they were too slow!

Users who are viewing this thread