TV Series General Discussion

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just finished the last episode of Reacher and…

…gotta say it was a mess. The ‘dessert of justice’ felt quite incomplete for the villains, the logical plot holes and inconsistencies still remained in the finale (if anything they were at the worst here). The main saving grace is the action still being good enough to make it a bearable watch. Bit of a shame really since they showed in S1 that they had the ability to elevate the character and material beyond your average action flick into something wilder and more entertaining where as this one feels like a TV series version of a modern remaster of something from twenty-ish years ago.

Hope they adapt a book that plays more into S1 vibes next time around rather than something that should have been S5 or six.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
1706136642051.png

How much is too much for the first month itself?

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Been downloading and watching a lot on the go lately!

1. Feria
A Spanish drama set in the village of Feria, revolving around a cult. It started off on a strong note, but for me, the ending was poor. Lots of loose ends have been left unattended. I believe this was so done, as they expected a continuation. However, Netflix has since not renewed them.

2. Fall of the House of Usher
Just started-looks good so far

Lastly, among global tensions, what's your take on Fauda?- the Israeli drama that focuses on special ops?

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Got around to watching the live action adaptation of ATLA. My reaction is… mixed to say the least.

A lot of the effects look very good… to the point of being too good in certain aspects such as the kid and teens having fresh laundry despite travelling constantly. I also couldn’t look past the video game approach to dialogue where each character took turns to talk like a cutscene playing out, it felt extremely stilted and artificial.

Having said that… I did like a lot of the subtle changes they made. Adding backstory to several characters and making them more relatable was nice as was their attempts at trying to mix multiple different plots even if it didn’t always land. While a lot of the internet had complaints over how they spoiled certain story beats and arcs too early (and I do agree with that on a couple of them)… almost each one of them added something to the story in this season and added emotional weight to a lot of scenes. I don’t remember the last time I saw a show that was merely decent or above average but had extremely strong individual scenes in almost every episode.

Users who are viewing this thread