TV Series General Discussion

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
WOW! The latest Breaking Bad>>>>>

Best episode ever!

It was easily the best episode of the season so far. Still doesn't match some of the season 3 and 4 episodes though.

This has never happened to me before but during Walt's confession my mouth literally dropped open and I couldn't help it. Perhaps the sweetest moment of the whole series. It was done so perfectly as well, you knew he didn't confess flat out that he was the mastermind but knew there was something big about to happen. The cuts to Marie and Hank's faces were just perfection as well. Marie is really pissing me off now, she's taking Skyler's place as the most annoying character quickly.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
cjyRAch.jpg

original.jpg

look-at-me-hector-obama-breaking-bad-meme1.jpg

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
lmao @ the last one

Finally caught up with Dexter. Damn this show has dropped in quality so badly compared with the first 2 seasons. Just the same storyline and internal monologue over and over again. This season has been particularly bad. 3 episodes left and it doesn't even feel like it's ending, which isn't a good thing.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Started watching the "Game of Thrones" (finally! :p), 3 episodes in and I love it, but it's awfully slow... the kind of awfully slow that prevents me from binge watching it, ofc I've got till Spring of next year's to catch up, given that's when season 4 starts.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Walter White is a genius, end of. Last episode was holy comolli wow.

Finally caught up with Dexter. Damn this show has dropped in quality so badly compared with the first 2 seasons. Just the same storyline and internal monologue over and over again. This season has been particularly bad. 3 episodes left and it doesn't even feel like it's ending, which isn't a good thing.

lol

Seasons 3 and 5 were bad admittedly, but I've yet to see negative reviews for the others. This season has been very good imo, and season 7 was even better.

----------

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Here's why I think season 8 is so bad:

FxHkdJO.jpg

this picture just sums up how shite this season has been - stood there for 45 minutes just staring. Such stealth.

The thing is, the end of season 7 was alright and set up for a potentially great final season but they fearsome tweak it up so badly it's not even funny. LaGuerta's suspiciously killed and NO ONE bothers to chase it, Deb spirals out of control and becomes the most inconsistent character ever, Dexter himself was losing control but all of a sudden just falls madly in love again (despite no mention of Hannah for the first 6 eps of the season).

And Hannah - the only safe place for her to be is at Deb's house when Deb's boss is chasing her. She just stays in plain tweaking sight when her face is plastered all over the news. She wanted Dexter to help kill her husband so she does the only logical thing and drug him and Deb and leave him in the middle of nowhere. I like how someone who's worth half a billion dollars goes missing and no one thinks to check up on this. Everything Dexter does has no consequences!

As for Quinn - what the fearsome tweak was that pointless Sergeant storyline? Why give it to the token black woman who has had like 3 lines in the entire show. Quinn actually suspected Dexter in the beginning - now LaGuerta is dead, just like Doakes and both of them thought Dexter was guilty and NOBODY THINKS TO PURSUE THIS. And what about Liddy???? Why was that ignored ffs??

Vogel is a terrible, terrible character. Can she go a sentence without mentioning the word psychopath or empathy? For a respected professional in the field she seems to think everyone one of her patients is the same ffs. And is she still "assisting" with Miami Metro? What happened to that?

Why did the Brain Surgeon kill Cassie? What was the point of it? To frame Zach? Why would he do that when there was no reason to. And what was the point in Zach for that matter when he was killed off so abruptly?

Remember the big reveal of the ice truck killer in the first season? Compare that with this season. Some stupid photoshop bullshit with a picture and that's it - he's the killer. No suspense, no sense of urgency, no drama.

Why haven't Dexter and Hannah fled the country by the way? Why is it necessary for Dexter to kill the Brain Surgeon/Vogel? They have the passports, the money and Hannah is being chased by everyone as it is so why risk it ffs?

Dexter himself has an invisible cloak around him where all his actions have no consequences. This has left the show with 3 episodes left and no sense of direction or urgency. It's the last season - they should have thrown everything at Dexter, his life should be spirally out of control, Miami Metro should be chasing him, but instead we have this. It's a real shame because I was a massive fan early on.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Given my views inside the spoiler.

Here's why I think season 8 is so bad:

FxHkdJO.jpg

this picture just sums up how shite this season has been - stood there for 45 minutes just staring. Such stealth.

Huh? More like Oliver Saxton spotted Dexter spying on him and played the waiting game?

LaGuerta's suspiciously killed and NO ONE bothers to chase it, Deb spirals out of control and becomes the most inconsistent character ever, Dexter himself was losing control but all of a sudden just falls madly in love again (despite no mention of Hannah for the first 6 eps of the season).

"No one bothers to chase it"?! Dude Dexter and Debra made the murder seem like an encounter between Hector Estrada and Laguerta, where both of them killed each other. Case closed.

Debra "spirals out of control" simply because she's killed an innocent woman for absolutely nothing, and can't live with the guilt.

Dexter always loved Hannah, right from last season, and had her arrested only to protect his sister. Not to mention Hannah loved him too from the beginning, so I don't see any fuss with her sudden return and the resumption of their love story.

And Hannah - the only safe place for her to be is at Deb's house when Deb's boss is chasing her. She just stays in plain officialing sight when her face is plastered all over the news.

Firstly she's clearly stated that she'll spend no more than a couple of nights at Deb's place (which's obviously the safest place as things stand) and secondly, only now has Deb's boss even figured out that Deb could be lying about Hannah to protect her brother. This part of the story will develop definitely.

She wanted Dexter to help kill her husband so she does the only logical thing and drug him and Deb and leave him in the middle of nowhere.

She only really wanted Dexter to know she's back on the run at Miami and wanted him to get to her. Which he did as expected.

As for Quinn - what the official was that pointless Sergeant storyline? Why give it to the token black woman who has had like 3 lines in the entire show. Quinn actually suspected Dexter in the beginning - now LaGuerta is dead, just like Doakes and both of them thought Dexter was guilty and NOBODY THINKS TO PURSUE THIS. And what about Liddy???? Why was that ignored ffs??

I'll agree with you on this one. Liddy's was a farce (called it in my previous post that Season 5 was terrible) and I don't really get Quinn's storyline either.

Why did the Brain Surgeon kill Cassie? What was the point of it? To frame Zach? Why would he do that when there was no reason to. And what was the point in Zach for that matter when he was killed off so abruptly?

Remember the big reveal of the ice truck killer in the first season? Compare that with this season. Some stupid photoshop bullshit with a picture and that's it - he's the killer. No suspense, no sense of urgency, no drama.

Why haven't Dexter and Hannah fled the country by the way? Why is it necessary for Dexter to kill the Brain Surgeon/Vogel? They have the passports, the money and Hannah is being chased by everyone as it is so why risk it ffs?

Dexter himself has an invisible cloak around him where all his actions have no consequences. This has left the show with 3 episodes left and no sense of direction or urgency. It's the last season - they should have thrown everything at Dexter, his life should be spirally out of control, Miami Metro should be chasing him, but instead we have this. It's a real shame because I was a massive fan early on.

We really do not know what kind of a guy Saxton is, or who he specifically kills, or any other ulterior motives of his. The last three episodes will obviously cover all these points including why he killed Zach, Cassie.

As for Dexter prioritising on killing Saxton before leaving Miami, it's simple - he's a man abiding by his code of ethics and obviously wants to take out the trash that is Saxton, who is on a killing spree taking out innocent victims. After that, as he's stated himself, he definitely intends on leaving Miami and go to Argentina with Harrison and Hannah.

Last edited:

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
reply in spoilers
In the picture, he's hardly blending in and being the meticulous stalker he was early on. Remember in the 3rd season when he was showing Miguel, they nearly called it off when someone recognised Miguel? He was stood outside a diner staring in for nearly an hour. Obviously he's going to get noticed lol.

The LaGuerta case is ridiculous given how good Vince is shown to be normally. He'd have been able to tell that something suspicious was up at least. And they'd have at least followed it up. Deb shot LaGuerta nowhere near from where Estrada was. And given how it was someone close and a fellow cop, the other cops wouldn't have just rolled over like that. A Miami Metro vs Dexter storyline would have been so much better.

My point about Deb was she abandons her principles when it suits the show so callously it's just a joke really. She spirals out of control, then just goes "ah fearsome tweak it" when she finds Hannah and co, then has this bullshit heart to heart with her, tries to kill Dexter which is just completely blown over and then all is well again. Such inconsistent writing.

I just really don't like the love angle in general tbh.

Dexter doesn't have the code because he has ethics. He doesn't care about the people he kills, he doesn't do it to bring justice, he does it because he feels the need to kill and enjoys doing it. That was the point made at the beginning of the show. He doesn't care that there are serial killers out there killing innocent people - he just uses them to feed his "addiction". I hate this sense of morality that's been instilled in Dexter.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Started watching the "Game of Thrones" (finally! :p), 3 episodes in and I love it, but it's awfully slow... the kind of awfully slow that prevents me from binge watching it, ofc I've got till Spring of next year's to catch up, given that's when season 4 starts.

Binge watched from episode 4 to the season 1 finale, the pacing definitely got better as the season went on, either that or it just took me a few episodes to get hooked, but I'm hooked, can't wait to start season 2!

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Done up to episode 9 in season 3, this in particular...

One word. Gutted. :noway

Last edited by a moderator:

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Yesterday's episode of Dexter omfg wow!! Sets up perfectly for the final two episodes now. Can't wait!

In an ideal world, I'd love for this to happen:

Dexter kills Saxton, Hannah kills the US Marshall, Quinn and Debra get together; Dexter, Hannah and Harrison move to Argentina. lol.. if only :p

Have absolutely no idea what will actually happen though. Saxton will definitely be killed I guess. Sadly fear for Hannah's life, and to an extent, Dexter too.

EDIT: And then there's yesterday's episode of Breaking Bad too! Damn can't next week come soon enough?!

And here's what I think will happen next:

Hank and Agent Gomez are as good as done imo. That closure phone call from Hank with Marie got me thinking about this. No real guesses on Jesse, but I can't see him being killed too, with three more episodes to go. Think it may well come down to a Walt - Jesse showdown.

Will also be interesting to see if Lydia has an important role to play here and maybe teams up with Walt?

Last edited:

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
wanted fugitive whose face is plastered all over the media takes kid with only a cut chin to the hospital in broad daylight and doesn't even attempt to cover her identity. Could have rang Deb or that other woman to take him, or at the very least changed her hair ffs.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Baffled myself. What fugitive doesn't cut/color their hair, or put on a wig, or do something to change their appearance. :facepalm

I'm actually more nonplussed over the existence of Vince Masuka's daughter. Exactly what role has she even had to play so far this season?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread