abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Nonsense. 'Idea totally lifted from GTA'? No. GTA have never let you hack a city's infrastructure using a mobile phone.

That's true.

That idea is lifted from Batman Arkham series :P

It basically sounds like GTA with hacking, more serious gameplay and fewer options. I could be wrong as I have never played WD. Will maybe buy when its on sale on the PS Store (in a couple of years ?)

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
That's true.

That idea is lifted from Batman Arkham series :P

It basically sounds like GTA with hacking, more serious gameplay and fewer options. I could be wrong as I have never played WD. Will maybe buy when its on sale on the PS Store (in a couple of years ?)

You're close to falling into the trap of saying that every open world game is 'like GTA'. It isn't. Like I've said I didn't like Watch Dogs that much, it took itself far too seriously and I didn't like any of the characters, but to criticise it just because it is an open world game is wrong for me.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I am not criticising it at all, mainly because I have not played it.

But it just looks awfully familiar when compared to the GTA idea. Just the look of the game and the options available make it look like a more serious version of GTA. This is my opinion just based on watching the gameplay videos. I could obviously be totally wrong and might actually prefer it over GTA, but it just doesn't seem fresh enough to make me want to spend money on it

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Are you joking?

Not exactly. Honestly i dont have the sportsmanship in me to accept that any game is better than GTA because GTA has been a part and parcel of my life, playing GTA got me out of depressions, seriously! I have enjoyed so much, just love GTA for what it has done to me in my personal life. I may sound melodramatic but GTA means so much to me. Sorry if i offended you.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Not exactly. Honestly i dont have the sportsmanship in me to accept that any game is better than GTA because GTA has been a part and parcel of my life, playing GTA got me out of depressions, seriously! I have enjoyed so much, just love GTA for what it has done to me in my personal life. I may sound melodramatic but GTA means so much to me. Sorry if i offended you.
You didn't offend me. I'm saying that 'calling Roman to go and play bowling' in GTA IV is nothing like, absolutely nothing like, the hackable city in Watch Dogs.

Chewie

BCCI President
There has been an unofficial patch on PC that has enabled some of the graphics that were shown in the 2012/2013 E3 previews but weren't in the final game

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
My review of Watch Dogs after playing it for a few hours:

First of all, i used the highest settings for almost everything but still the graphics quality was not all that great. Next, i could not figure out the control keys for nearly 3 hours and i am still trying to find them, i tried both keyboard and joystick.

Next, coming to gameplay, i am a person who plays games to get rid of my work pressure and when the game starts with the mission to escape from the cops vision, hack security cameras and stuffs it becomes very serious for me and it adds to my pressure. Also there are not much females in the road like GTA :lol

Anyday GTA :thumbs

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Okay i played it for like 2 hours well it is good but its certainly not better than GTA

Users who are viewing this thread