World Cup Um... What is going on with the coverage?

I would replace floating heads during the coverage with

• Nothing. Just show me the score.

• Maybe the team logo? Or nothing. Nothing is good.

• MattW's severed head

• Other ....and by other I mean nothing. Stop over complicating things.

Results are only viewable after voting.

grkrama

National Board President
while it may gungho to blame everything on india, star sports while it broadcasts in asian territories is not a indian broadcaster, it is american one, so basically blame the yankees

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
while it may gungho to blame everything on india, star sports while it broadcasts in asian territories is not a indian broadcaster, it is american one, so basically blame the yankees
21st Century Fox, the Americans who own Star, also have the largest stake in Sky UK - who produce perfectly good cricket coverage.

Star India are a subsidiary, their day to day operations like producing cricket coverage isn't something controlled by their parent company. It'd be as absurd as blaming the IPL graphics on Japan.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
let's be honest, india are responsible for 98% of everything wrong with cricket today, with the other 2% being reserved for the odious Giles Clarke.

grkrama

National Board President
except all evidence for crapification is not evident when broadcasted for india alone as recent as the latest ind SL series, so

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
talking of the coverage... anyone watching the WI v Zim? Warne and some other mug saying there's an inside edge even after the replay shows it going 3 miles away from the bat; then saying it must be going over if the Gayle one was even though that guy was on his crease and Gayle was halfway down the pitch.

level of commentary is generally appalling here.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think it's a reasonably widely regarded fact India is ruining cricket for the majority of nations, enabled by drunken old men in the Lords long room. The TV broadcast shambles is another example of some ludicrously stupid contract given to an Sub continent based company with no idea of how people want to enjoy the sport in 2015. It's far from looking like a professional broadcast like this SHOULD look. You only need to look at global events like Rugby, Soccer and many many others for how slick, simple and tidy these events are broadcast and can be accessed easily by casual fans.

As an aside, chatting with one of the NZ based commentators the other day, won't mention who, but apparently they only found out 4-5 weeks before the tourney started that they'd be working it. Apparently the schedules have a few of them country hopping at ridiculous cost...

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
its the same for some of the teams, look at Afghanistan

Why they couldn't seed the hosts in different groups and have one solely in Australia and the other solely in New Zealand I don't know

harshit9935

School Cricketer
y there is too much fuss that coverage is very bad..i get it that it is not excellent but it is not that bad..i like the scoreboards,tickr etc..the more i m getting used to it more i m loving the coverage..and for the floating heads it is individual choice whether u like it or not...i like floating heads may be u don't ..that doesn't mean it is bad :)

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
y there is too much fuss that coverage is very bad..i get it that it is not excellent but it is not that bad..i like the scoreboards,tickr etc..the more i m getting used to it more i m loving the coverage..and for the floating heads it is individual choice whether u like it or not...i like floating heads may be u don't ..that doesn't mean it is bad :)

The coverage is worse than your grammar.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I know it's not got much love but the ONLY good thing for me about this coverage is the phase run rate as I think it's good to show innings changing so much from slow starts.

Would choose a better colour scheme though!!

Users who are viewing this thread