Unable to Add Custom Team to Competition

Penny

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Hi Guys,

I actually follow this forum, but this is the first time I've posted anything. Please forgive me if this isn't the right way to go about things, or if someone has mentioned this before, but this game is driving me insane.

I purchased Cricket 19 for PS4 about a month ago and I am just having a tremendously frustrating time trying to get everything to work correctly. I have had constant trouble downloading and linking teams. So I just created my own team. However, now that team won't show up in any format of Competition mode. I have no idea what the problem is. My custom team will show up in Play Now and Tour, and other teams I have downloaded work fine, but the custom team doesn't even show up in the teams list when I try to add teams to a custom competition.

I have a multitude of other problems that need fixing, but this is the one bothering me most right now. Please lord send help.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hi Guys,

I actually follow this forum, but this is the first time I've posted anything. Please forgive me if this isn't the right way to go about things, or if someone has mentioned this before, but this game is driving me insane.

I purchased Cricket 19 for PS4 about a month ago and I am just having a tremendously frustrating time trying to get everything to work correctly. I have had constant trouble downloading and linking teams. So I just created my own team. However, now that team won't show up in any format of Competition mode. I have no idea what the problem is. My custom team will show up in Play Now and Tour, and other teams I have downloaded work fine, but the custom team doesn't even show up in the teams list when I try to add teams to a custom competition.

I have a multitude of other problems that need fixing, but this is the one bothering me most right now. Please lord send help.

sorry if this is a dumb question, but does your custom team definitely have 12 players in the squad so you can complete a full line up?

Penny

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
sorry if this is a dumb question, but does your custom team definitely have 12 players in the squad so you can complete a full line up?

Yes. It currently has 14 players actually. Do you think it could be some sort of lineup issue?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yes. It currently has 14 players actually. Do you think it could be some sort of lineup issue?

it’s possible, though I’ve never had any problem like this.

try sharing the team on the academy, then deleting the local copy and downloading it perhaps?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
As far as I understand it, your team must be in a team list to be visible for comps etc....

to add your team to a team list go to cricket academy, team creator,manage male teams(or female), hit square (PS4) to edit team lists, create a team list name and add your custom team to that list (go into EDIT team lists)

hope this works ;)

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Also I think what type of team it is might have an effect. Be it International, First Class or Other. I dont think you can use a 1st class team in an international tournament for example

Penny

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Thank you guys. Both Dave and Jerm's suggestions worked consecutively. I uploaded my team, deleted the original, and downloaded the shared version of my team. It still didn't work until I created a team list and added my team to it as Jerm suggested. This game just has so many quirks it'll drive you mad.

I've had other problems downloading teams as well. For example, teams just not showing up anywhere after being downloaded. I am sure there is some other kind of crazy workaround to fix that as well.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Thank you guys. Both Dave and Jerm's suggestions worked consecutively. I uploaded my team, deleted the original, and downloaded the shared version of my team. It still didn't work until I created a team list and added my team to it as Jerm suggested. This game just has so many quirks it'll drive you mad.

I've had other problems downloading teams as well. For example, teams just not showing up anywhere after being downloaded. I am sure there is some other kind of crazy workaround to fix that as well.
Yes the downloaded teams end up in the Custom Teams list, you have to manually link them to the team you want to replace.

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
I did everything told above but still I could not see my team when I tried to add in a team list

Users who are viewing this thread