Updated Player Editor

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Here is the test version of my editor.

The last column of frames is all new stuff, which I am not sure about.

If anyone feels like testing out the new things I have added and reporting back to see if you can see any difference, please do.

The thing I am most interested in is the stuff in the top right corner, which I think may affect how the players bowl when controlled by the CPU.

I think it either tells the CPU which lines/lengths to bowl more often, or maybe it has something to do with edges or whatever. I'm not sure but I'm sure that after it gets some hours of testing through you helpful fellows out there, we'll be able to tell what the values do.

Make sure you extract this zip file to somewhere on your HD, rather than running it from the zip/rar file.

Oh yeah, you will need Winrar to extract this download.

Attachments

• Test Editor.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 302

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Installation
The installation was very easy. Just extract with WinRAR to a chosen directory. So far so good. It would be better if you just put the files in a .zip file instead of a .rar file inside a .zip file.

Features
Fiddled around with Shane Warne's abilities to make him a slightly better spinner and all that, but when I ran the game to test it, the game crashed, complaining that the 'Application failed to initialize'. I would like you to post the files that these abilities came from so I can fix this.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
What happened?

I can't think of any reason which would make it do that.

If you have edited one version of Warne (from the CT2004 for example) you could use the copy and paste feature to put him back to normal.

The only possible thing which might have caused it to crash is if you didn't use multiples of 10 in the possible AI section.

Let me know what you did and what happened.

BTW the file it edits it TeamAndPlayerInfo.bag

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Is this actually generating any interest?

Are people using this?

Has there been any progress in figuring out the unknown bytes?

BigCrickNan

Chairman of Selectors
Ive been using it. I like the way you can change the special ball speed/spin, good job with it :)

Asjad

Club Cricketer
i tried modifying the "drift" for a fast bowler...(yes it appears to be adjustable) but there was no apparent effect.

Isn't swing the same as drift? i.e. movement in the air?

Cheeze

School Cricketer
I noticed one thing missing. The Classic XI team has 19 players but this editor has the last 3 missing (Khan, Akram and Gavaskar).

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Sorry haven't used it yet, but sounds briliant Lazy Chesnut, best of luck figuring out the bytes, and I'll try to give it a go if I can tear myself away from ICC in my spare time :P

madmick96

Club Cricketer
Can u make the fill in boxes like you can type stuff but the max is 100. make it like u can copy and paste (CTRL+C) + (CTRL+V) stuff. coz i get tired of scrolling up and down for the players i edit. coz i like edit the whole team.

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Maybe, but I'm not sure I can be arsed. You don't have to scroll, you can type the number with the focus on the combo box I think. Not sure though.

PeterF

School Cricketer
Cheeze said:
I noticed one thing missing. The Classic XI team has 19 players but this editor has the last 3 missing (Khan, Akram and Gavaskar).

Also, if you edit any of the Joe Bloggs in the old editor then you cant edit them in this version.

Users who are viewing this thread