Wealey's Ultimate AI

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I’m finding in tests the balance is pretty good although 2nd inns AI seems markedly stronger than 1st.

Yeah and I kind of think it may be down to pitches not being configured properly. Which I kind of no is true. (kind of).[DOUBLEPOST=1560699282][/DOUBLEPOST]
I’m finding in tests the balance is pretty good although 2nd inns AI seems markedly stronger than 1st.

Has the AI ever got 450+ against you

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeah and I kind of think it may be down to pitches not being configured properly. Which I kind of no is true. (kind of).[DOUBLEPOST=1560699282][/DOUBLEPOST]

Has the AI ever got 450+ against you

First inns I don’t think anyone has got more than about 220-odd against me.

Had one 2nd inns (3rd of match) where the AI has a big score but don’t think as big as that.

Otherwise mostly I’ve batted first and not exactly set challenging targets! Last game I set 175 and the AI knocked it off piece of piss 1 wicket down, so who knows what they might have scored without a target.

I am batting poorly, and not taking games deep enough into tests to say “oh the AI should struggle it’s a day 5 pitch”

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
That on default settings/difficulties?

I play with legend AI, increased timing and run rate. Hard bowling, increased line sensitivity.
Think everything else for both is default as are all physics.

(I bat medium with a few things like foot placement and timing pushed slightly towards the “hard” but still closer to medium.)

Redfive

School Cricketer
I play with legend AI, increased timing and run rate. Hard bowling, increased line sensitivity.
Think everything else for both is default as are all physics.

(I bat medium with a few things like foot placement and timing pushed slightly towards the “hard” but still closer to medium.)

Thanks. Definitely think @WealeyH is right (and why wouldn't he be?!) about perks and/or mentalities.

Used a slightly toned down version of the OP sliders (so about 75 shot timing and run rate, 25 wicket chance and shot force).

Played eng Vs Llewellyn's SA and had them 60/4 off 20 overs. Kept upping bowling difficulty as I went. Will have to go back and tweak those perks!

Dry hard 3rd day pitch with light cracks by the way.

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I found out changing the batting sliders only effects the human player. All it did was make me give edges every shot.

So for Ai sliders is only top ones

Miiike

School Cricketer
When I'm playing a test,I always raise the wicket chance by 10 on the 4th and 5th day.Seems more realistic.
Do u think this would be worth doing when I'm bowling against the tailenders in a ODI as they seem to be just as strong as the top of the order.

D

Deleted member 193590

Do u think this would be worth doing when I'm bowling against the tailenders in a ODI as they seem to be just as strong as the top of the order.

Give it a go see if it works,that's the beauty of this game you can change so many things and once you get it right it's near perfect.Obviously it's going to be different for some people because they play on different levels.
I've only been playing tests so far,I play on pro with ai timing at 65 and wicket chance down at 13.Then on the fourth day I raise it to 25 but like you I found the tail were being a pain.So when the tail come in now I drop it to amateur and it's been working great,players like Starc and Cummings can still play pretty well but the likes of Lyon and Anderson go pretty quick,which seems realistic to me.

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Good Evening Guys , Can someone point me in the right direction to change the mentality's Please On How You Do It . ? Regards Ian

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey all!

Just wondering what thoughts you have for test matches? I've had two cracking games, however there are sooo many edges. I have now taken 40 AI wickets and not a single catch aside from edges behind and slips.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Hey all!

Just wondering what thoughts you have for test matches? I've had two cracking games, however there are sooo many edges. I have now taken 40 AI wickets and not a single catch aside from edges behind and slips.

edges are the majority of my wickets for sure, but i've had plenty of bowled, lbw and bat pad. I think i've had one or two catches in the ring but not for a long time. I've never had a single outfield catch in tests.

Users who are viewing this thread