Weather in Tournaments?

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Will weather effect tournaments now? Never seen rain affected matches in tournaments in AC17 and that's all I tend to play.

So I'm hoping some realism has been added to C19 and there will be rain to wash a match or you gotta play DL method in tournaments. Who cares about casual rain affected matches? Might as well set it to a 35/35 match then or something.

In a tournament it can be exciting too, especially if all the sudden you gotta hit or defend a revise target to keep yourself alive in the tourney.

chunky120717

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Will weather effect tournaments now? Never seen rain affected matches in tournaments in AC17 and that's all I tend to play.

So I'm hoping some realism has been added to C19 and there will be rain to wash a match or you gotta play DL method in tournaments. Who cares about casual rain affected matches? Might as well set it to a 35/35 match then or something.

In a tournament it can be exciting too, especially if all the sudden you gotta hit or defend a revise target to keep yourself alive in the tourney.

Given how many people are losing their minds over a few rained off matches in the world cup can you imagine if that was the case in this game?! :D

Reactions: DAP

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Given how many people are losing their minds over a few rained off matches in the world cup can you imagine if that was the case in this game?! :D

haha yeahh I know but why not have setting where it never happens then...

Gentoras

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think weather does have an effect in some way,,,,I'm playing a test between SA and Eng,

Day 1: I made 235/2 and a lead of 40 on stumps: (Clear Skies) batting was smooth
Day 2: I made 110 for the loss of 3 wickets in 2 sessions with 20 overs left before stumps: (Overcast, played under lights) lots of play and misses, 1 bowled(chopped on) and 2 edges

Weather forecast says I will see the sun on Day 5

I will see later today as to how the last 20 overs of Day 2 play out

Statman

School Cricketer
on the XBOX, I am trying to set the pitch and weather conditions to random, but I cant seem to find where to do that. Any help?

timmy94

Club Captain
I started a 40 over World Cup first game was reduced to 33 overs from the start. Unfortunately there was no mention of it till it said how many overs were remaining in the tv overlay after about 15 mins

D

Deleted member 193590

I've been playing an ashes series,went off today for the first time.It was a bit of a let down though really,basically went off twice both times for about 5 minutes.And as the players were walking off the field Michael Slater said the players are going off because of heavy rain,but I couldn't see it raining :facepalm

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Remember I asked specifically about Tournaments. Weather has happened randomly in Ashes and if you set rain in casual for sure. Dunno about tours either?

Looks like one fellow here though experienced a delay a tournament, so it probably does happen now.

I found in AC17 if there was an over reduction it didn't tell me how many overs were left but it told you there was delay. I found if you go look at one of the scorecards you can find how many overs are to played in (xx.x) as such. Perhaps the same. Shame they don't fix things like this in 15 months though.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
on the XBOX, I am trying to set the pitch and weather conditions to random, but I cant seem to find where to do that. Any help?
There are no RANDOM settings for pitch type, pitch condition.... I think weather has a random?

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I just saw a reduction in overs. No commentary of rain and no visual representation. This was in the my third match of my World Cup.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I just saw a reduction in overs. No commentary of rain and no visual representation. This was in the my third match of my World Cup.

I say BA nailed it. Maybe if the game was washed out in its entirety, it would've been more accurate.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
I’ve certainly got weather effecting my custom competition but it’s Tests so can’t really comment about reduced overs/DL etc. I certainly enjoyed bowling in wet conditions but I don’t know if opposition were just poor or if rain (And it was visible rain) really effected them. Lots of edges.

master110

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Yeah go into match settings before you start put rain on and you see rain.

I could see rain a few balls before the game was stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread