West Indies in England

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thats a record lol Anyways goin to bed, will look up on tomorrow for more banter.

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Sureshot

Executive member
Not really. IMO it doesnt matter where you were born, its where you remember most and have lived most your life.

He considers himself English and always has done. Not as though he had any choice in moving to Aus when he was still a toddler.

-------

Well, I'll be missing tomorrow as I'll be at the County Ground. I hope we make some changes like Monty in for Yardy. I feel we need to get Ravi in too, but it ain't gonna happen. WIndies to win it imo.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Stole? He is a true blue Aussie. He never wanted to be a bloody Pom:p I cant blame him either:)

Well he has lived in Aus all his life, so why would he have a desire to play for a country that he doesn't even have any feelings for? And you guys cant talk about stealing players. Look at half your team! There half Pakistani or South African or Australian or Papui New Guinean or Irish.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Stole? He is a true blue Aussie. He never wanted to be a bloody Pom:p I cant blame him either:)

Well he has lived in Aus all his life, so why would he have a desire to play for a country that he doesn't even have any feelings for? And you guys cant talk about stealing players. Look at half your team! There half Pakistani or South African or Australian or Papui New Guinean or Irish.

No-one currently in our one day or test side is Pakistani, Irish or Australian

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
No, it's not. That is why we are called England - because all the players in our side are.........never mind.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
I know I know...I just get arched up when bitches be sayin Roy is an Englishman.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
He probably wouldn't have been the same player if he stayed in England

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Yeah, true. The system over here is much more beneficial to young players.

Vcassano

Club Cricketer
Yeah, true. The system over here is much more beneficial to young players.

I'm not entirely convinced by this anymore - I'm inclined to say England's system is quickly catching up with Australia's. In Roy's time, of course it was better. However when you have fantastic young players like Bell, Cook, Panesar performing so well in Tests you have to say we do have a good system. Obviously you Australians don't play that many young players because you had such a good batch over the last generation but with all the retirements we'll see the true quality of the Australian system soon enough.

He hasn't had the field I suggested a page ago.
Try him with a slip and a silly point and put the batsmen under pressure.
There is no point in him bowling 10 overs 0/40.
Give it try, what have England got to lose at this point.

I sort of agree, I was merely playing devil's advocate as Will NA said:

If Panesar plays, he will take wickets

Which hasn't been the case, the World Cup for example.

When Collingwood was appointed captain he said he wanted consistency - in selection and performance. We have received neither. The performances I wouldn't expect to be a massive improvement in such a short time but you can control selection which I believe was a huge reason for failure in the second ODI.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
We've given Gayle too many chances here. This is where we could do with Freddie coming on

Users who are viewing this thread