Story West Indies Tour Of England

rocklara

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
well the west indies have decided to have a long english tour. the first match; worscestershire.

1st day conditions:
pitch:green
overcast
and cold

rocklara

International Coach
sorry bout that..lineup windies

Attachments

• windies lineup.jpg
    windies lineup.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 78

rocklara

International Coach
West indies won the toss and elected to field

lunch day 1

Attachments

• day 1 lunch.jpg
    day 1 lunch.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 72

rocklara

International Coach
Windies 1st inn bowling

Attachments

• windies 1st inn bowlin.jpg
    windies 1st inn bowlin.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 69

rocklara

International Coach
Well Paul Allot is down at the players pavillion with the man of the moment...jermaine lawson.

Allot: "jeramine u came back and bowled superbly when worcs almost looked to break away. how did it feel to come back after a prolonged absence?"

Lawson: "well my skipper beleived that i could get the job done and i beleived in myself. to wrap up the innings in this manner is a great site for any fast bowler, returning from injury. to take 3 scalps is a great feeling. I hope to continue this performance into the 2nd inn."

Allot: "well brian, did u get a bit nervous on this type of wicket when worcs were 160 odd for 3 and looked like getting away and posting a fairly competitve total?"

Lara: "well they got good players, some past like graem hick who played superb for his knock, but jermaine and pedro were the key. i think the bowlers got it in the right places after tea and the results showed by wrapping up the innings quickly. omari and tino bowled with control and the team held onto the chances. now we got to put down our heads and build an inninigs to complement the bowling performance."

Holding: " well Ian I think the pitch will play more infavour of the batsmen in the next couple of days, so now the west indies have got to seize the opportunity and push home the initaitive. however there are good bowlers on worcs so they can limit the windies and still be competitive. 210 is not too good, but can still be defended. however i think it will be difficult for the winidies to reproduce this type of bowling performance in the 2nd inn since the pitch will favour the batsmen. It was getting away from the west indies in that first inn at 160/3, where it showed signs of their inconsistency, a few misfields and bowling was not tight enuff. but nonetheless u got to take 20 wickets to get that vital win, so it will be interesting over the next few days."

Botham: "well here u have it, the west indies dominated for most of the day, but can they sustain this type of performance, or will the pressures of being a young, inexperienced side show and take its toll on them in the next 2 days. we'll have to wait and see. but for now its good bye from sky sports, join us tomorrow same time 10 am gmt."

Users who are viewing this thread