Your Cricket What cricket bat do you use?

slaydya157

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Mongoose

Hey Guys been a member of this forum for a while but i think ive posted here before anyway i currently use
2 x Mongoose Cor3 premium 2"7 and 2"8
and 1 x Mongoose MMi3 Prime no idea what weight
but i love them however if anyone is in the uk and wants a mongoose cor3 pm me :)
mongoose-cor3-premium.jpg

prd4733db80-3a05-4639-8b41-438018f4ea2c.jpg

Attachments

• mongoose-cor3-premium.jpg
    mongoose-cor3-premium.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 63
  • prd4733db80-3a05-4639-8b41-438018f4ea2c.jpg
    prd4733db80-3a05-4639-8b41-438018f4ea2c.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 73

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Have been using neighbour's slazenger pro blade panther bat of late which is a touch lighter than what I normally use and I'm loving it. It has a good sweet spot. I faced some problems about timing due to less weight of it but now I've got hold of it man, what a fabulous it is! Just wow!

slaydya157

School Cricketer
now using a spartan MC 329 LE it is a beast of a bat honestly the best ive ever used. and im about to start a sponsorship deal with woodstock cricket so will soon be using woodstock Curves

spooony

Club Captain
Do you guys choose your bats cause of the name and good things you heard about it or do you use it due to the position of its sweet spot and where you usually make contact with a ball?

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Do you guys choose your bats cause of the name and good things you heard about it or do you use it due to the position of its sweet spot and where you usually make contact with a ball?

You're not actually allowed to try out the bat in the shop, because of safety, so I usually google it or find a player that I like and see the bat that they are using.

spooony

Club Captain
You're not actually allowed to try out the bat in the shop, because of safety, so I usually google it or find a player that I like and see the bat that they are using.

I know that but to use a bat someone else use is not the best advice. Every bat have a sweet spot situated at a different area. The area they strike the ball 99 percent of the time is the area you usually want your sweet spot. So you will buy a bat according to your style.

Easy way without advance tech like professionals use take a old bat and use a wet ball and see which area on the bat you hit most of the time. Then go online and research where the bats sweet spots are and get one for your specific style.

That is what I do when I select a bat.

hkkh97

Club Captain
I use a balbro bat,i hope no one has heard it before :P
kinda look like this :P:yes
balbro_bat.jpg

spooony

Club Captain
I wonder if someone smuggled a rubber layer in the blade part how that bat would perform as I can bet it will absorb most of the shock and give a nice sweetspot. What does the ICC rules state about it as I know some bats was withdrawn cause of a technology used and then the ICC declare it illegal.

DCJames28

School Cricketer
I'm a proud owner of a Gray Nic e41 King. Got it pretty early before season started, so I had the pick of the crop. Took me about 1/2 an hour to decide between that and an Adidas.
It's performance willow, which means it was picked not to look amazing but perform amazing. It's 11 grain but with a few butterfly's and what not. The middle is second to none, phenomal, all tha's needed is timing. Getting the ball anywhere near the middle and it just flies off. I'll post pics soon.

badvintage

International Cricketer
I would love to get the one Kohli uses. Looks like you can't even get out with those :D

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Really looking for a Nike Opener but can't find any here. All are sold in sub continent

cesare

School Cricketer
I have a Reebok Smash (Kashmir Willow bat) which I bought just for the heck of it, not knowing how much cricket I would end up playing going forward.. but since I have started playing cricket again (and its more than occasionally now :)).. just got my English Willow RNS Larsons T20i (I think just a step below their popular Unik). For the uninitiated, RNS guys are India (Jalandhar, Punjab) based manufacturer.

Initial reviews: I must say really impressed with the ping of the bat.. still knocking the bat with the hammer at the moment, but initial impressions pretty good!

Some pics, that I clicked:

Attachments

• DSC_0555.JPG
    DSC_0555.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 399
  • DSC_0568.JPG
    DSC_0568.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC_0593.JPG
    DSC_0593.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 288
  • DSC_0579.JPG
    DSC_0579.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 201

ClubCricketer

School Cricketer
Kookaburra Rogue 200. Just started playing again after many years out of action, so this is plenty good enough for me at the moment. I'll probably know more about the bat when I actually start middling them again ;)

Users who are viewing this thread