What is career mode structured like?

sphanlon

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
My question is basically how much it mirrors real life, so the following:
-Are the test nations the only international teams you can play on or is there a selection of associates?
-Can you add new teams or competitions to career mode or just to tournament/play now mode?
-How many international competitions are there? I.E. are there good ones for associates like Intercontinental Cup, World Cricket League, World Cup Qualifiers, etc.
-Can you play yourself into full member status? This was a great feature in a management sim I used to play, not sure how difficult it is to program.
-Also, were any of these possible in DBC 14 and taken out for 17 for some reason?

I ask these mostly because I have little real emotional connection with test playing countries and would rather play as the US or Bermuda, if possible.

Thanks everyone.

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
My question is basically how much it mirrors real life, so the following:
-Are the test nations the only international teams you can play on or is there a selection of associates?
-Can you add new teams or competitions to career mode or just to tournament/play now mode?
-How many international competitions are there? I.E. are there good ones for associates like Intercontinental Cup, World Cricket League, World Cup Qualifiers, etc.
-Can you play yourself into full member status? This was a great feature in a management sim I used to play, not sure how difficult it is to program.
-Also, were any of these possible in DBC 14 and taken out for 17 for some reason?

I ask these mostly because I have little real emotional connection with test playing countries and would rather play as the US or Bermuda, if possible.

Thanks everyone.

Errr... I've switched to International Cricket Captain 2017 on MAC for now but thinking back to Don Bradman...

I don't think that you're in much luck in terms of Associate opportunities in career mode. I started a career in Australia wanting to be English but I think it automatically made me Australian so I think that you're limited to being the nationality of the Test playing nation that you start your career in.

I don't think it has World Cricket League etc, basically you could customise league formats with the associates but it would just be casual/competition mode. I don't think you can apply it to career.

You can get selected for normal series and I think there may be world cups.

Out of interest, what is the management sim you mention where you say you can play associates into full status?

sphanlon

School Cricketer
I was afraid of all that.
It was so long ago but I think it was the Cricket Coach series.
I think you are right about nationality too. In all the videos I saw there was no choice for nationality so I think it made you whatever you selected for domestic cricket.
I had heard you could play as associates in DBC 14; do you know if that's true? It kind of makes since since there were such fewer leagues if it tied you to them you could only be English or Australian.

D

Deleted member 46200

Shame, would have been a decent challenge taking an Associate team through the ICC trophy and then onto the World Cup considering it's a ten team ladder.

sphanlon

School Cricketer
I heard you can play for an associate team in DBC 14. Is that true? I was avoiding 14 and looking more to 17 because the first game you could only play club in Eng or Aus. Although the devs said in a q and a you could change or edit the teams/leagues in career. Did that make it in?

D

Deleted member 46200

I heard you can play for an associate team in DBC 14. Is that true? I was avoiding 14 and looking more to 17 because the first game you could only play club in Eng or Aus. Although the devs said in a q and a you could change or edit the teams/leagues in career. Did that make it in?
Never played 14 so not sure the career mode wasn't as in depth as DBC14 I would have thought not so (someone correct me if true) as they are not part of the on disk teams.

Users who are viewing this thread