What to do with a boy like Andrew?

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
That's why I said names for the future :p

offdriven4

Club Cricketer
Against this opposition we can get away with it. Unless things change India's batsman will make us pay. We cannot carry both Harmison and Plunkett for the India series. Hoggard in for Harmison.

As for Strauss? Well in his bad run he has made only 2 scores that haven't been double figures (a duck today and one against Aus). We should stick with Strauss but he has got a bit of a problem with the ball that is hitting the stumps. Seems to be very skewiff at the crease.

he's not playing with a straight bat at the moment

tech.007

Club Cricketer
andrew strauss has a long way to go.................dont worry of him now he is young

tsyrmas

Club Cricketer
I think Strauss has to go. From what i saw of his ultra-brief time at the crease in this last test, he does not want to be there. And i think Joycve is the go for England (as much as i hate the irish-english thing, but we won;t get into that). better yet, I'd do this...

Cook
Vaughan
Pietersen
Collingwood
Replacement for Strauss here
Bell
Prior

I think that shake up of things would work well for England, also, Harmison's time under the Blue cap is coming to an end soon I'd say. I can see teh Indians taking him to shreds, he bowled for the most part, terribly against the windies and took lower order wickets.

Last edited:

Sureshot

Executive member
Tsyrmas, Harmison in the 2nd innings was very good. The Indian series will be a big test, but we (the audience) did notice some technical changes. 1) Wider on the crease and 2) his fingers run more through the ball than previously.

Should Strauss be dropped? Well he hasn't been that good of late, infact for quite a while.

http://statserver.cricket.org/guru?...edhigh=;csearch=;submit=1;.cgifields=viewtype

He's a good player, but he has got some technical issues and I think most teams fancy getting him early. We've made a point about our opening stand being strong in Tests and it's been excellent. Maybe Vaughan to open and someone like Bopara come in? I've not noticed anything spectacular from Joyce as yet this season.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Stick with Strauss, he is a quality player and is just going through a rough time. He needs to just stick it out and eventually he'll come through. Hundred at chester-le-street will shut people up. I am predicting at least 150 from Strauss in the next test.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Hang on, Strauss has never reached 150 in Tests has he? Can't see him breaking that mark anytime soon given the run he's in.

Cook
Vaughan (Belatedly)
Pietersen
Collingwood
Prior
Bell
Flintoff
Harmison
Anderson/Sidebottom
Hoggard
Panesar

That's how i'd line up at Lords against India.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
not a bad line-up. I know Bell bats well at 6 but he could bat ahead of Prior

Strauss has been found out by bowlers

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Hang on, Strauss has never reached 150 in Tests has he? Can't see him breaking that mark anytime soon given the run he's in.

Cook
Vaughan (Belatedly)
Pietersen
Collingwood
Prior
Bell
Flintoff
Harmison
Anderson/Sidebottom
Hoggard
Panesar

That's how i'd line up at Lords against India.

You really think Flintoff will be back for the India test series ? That is extremely optimistic i think. He should have these 2 series off and just let the ankle fully repair itself. We dont want him breaking down again.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
You really think Flintoff will be back for the India test series ? That is extremely optimistic i think. He should have these 2 series off and just let the ankle fully repair itself. We dont want him breaking down again.

You're right. The injury slipped my mind.

Still, it's technically possible given how England always rush him back.

Users who are viewing this thread