What will be the result

crick4life

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It is looking to be a fairly close contest to me although England seems to have an upper hand for now. If they can go on to post say anywhere between 200-250 they will most probably win it. Whatever the results till now might state, I dont believe there is much gap between England and South Africa. They both have fairly good batting talent but lack bowlers who can take 20 wickets in a game. It were the England batters to be blamed to have gifted their wickets in the last test with some shoddy shot selection than Ntini's bowling.

J

jonah

Off for bad light; SA 63/5, needing another 139 to win. It's a nail-biter, anyone's game, especially on this wicket.

Btw, I agree with Ravi, both teams are fairly evenly matched. England have played some poor cricket so far, up to this Test; SA (especially Smith) have played well. On their day, both teams are capable of beating eachother.

rocklara

International Coach
wel well.....wow what a test match.......that is why i always say that test cricket aint dead bro! i prefer test than odi. really is the ultimate test!!!!!! brother...what a test......cant wait to put on my set for the 5th day. but im for the south africans...its tough....but england need to fire up their bowlin in the first hr! if they can take boucher or pollock in the first hour....its the queen sippin coffee at her palace in buckingham! :D

J

jonah

Go England! The 5 wickets taken before lunch, despite a great effort by Boucher (when he and Adams were in, I had my worries!). James Kirtley mom with a 6 for (8 wickets in total), although my vote would've gone to Nasser with a century and a gritty 30 on a bad batting wicket. A good toss for Vaughan to win ;) .
1 all with 2 Tests left; anyone's series...

rocklara

International Coach
Congrats jonah...and to english supporters. yall bowled length and line and let the wicket do the rest :D Its more of an even contest now.....1-1. May the best team win with 2 to go. England fought back with pressure from boycott and the media.....rose to the ocassion and came out on top. Good goin!

R

Rangeela

what a comeback by the England...what a win
congrats to England series tied 1-1 and 2 matches to go

T20

Panel of Selectors
congrats to England..smiles all around for England supporters..even zimrahil posts a message after giving a very 'different' reaction on the team's chances a few days ago :D :P

:up:

crick4life

International Cricketer
Well done England, its now to start from scratch for both Eng and SA. Its anyones series from now as Jonah put it, it should make a good contest and I hope it goes to the wire. Why was Chapple dropped for the next series? What did he do wrong other than not warranting a selection in the last test, really surprised by the selections of Kabir Ali and Martin Bicknell. Does that mean its the end of road for Thrope? If it is then its disappointing as Thrope had much to offer really.

J

jonah

I think I read somewhere that Chapple has an injury. Surprised about Bicknell's inclusion, but not Kabir Ali. Both are in as cover for Harmison, and both may even play as Giles may miss out, as Headingley is a renowned seamers wicket.
I thought Ali was unlucky not to get a decent go in the Nat West series. He's only 22, and has impressed for Worcs this season; isn't that right Zim?

Another interesting factor for the game is that Pollock will not play. After a disappointing Nat West series, he's been their best bowler (probably the best out of both teams) in the tests.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Originally posted by Shailesh@Aug 19 2003, 12:11 AM
congrats to England..smiles all around for England supporters..even zimrahil posts a message after giving a very 'different' reaction on the team's chances a few days ago :D  :P

:up:
I am at pains to point out that at no time did I indicate or give any implication that I was a fickle supporter who's opinions fluctuate on any given day as a result of England's performance in the field !!

I have always maintained that given a chance, the boys would come good and have the strength in depth in both batting and bowling to withstand anything SAF has to throw at them.

Having said all this, should we lose the next test at Headingley, I would have no hesitation in removing Vaughan as skipper, retiring off Stewart and Butcher, hiring Boycott as a motivational coach and making Kirtley the new captain in a bold new fresh start for English cricket ;)

I thought Ali was unlucky not to get a decent go in the Nat West series. He's only 22, and has impressed for Worcs this season; isn't that right Zim?

He has consistently been our best bowler for the last couple of seasons and deserves his call us to the squad. Whether I think he is good enough to step up the next level is another matter, but only time will tell I guess :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread