Scinarios :D
More proper captaincy :happy
More realistic teams
And changing teams :cheers

Last edited:

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
newspaper articles would rock but the ability to sign overseas players for a certain period then sign another one for another period would be good

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
yea i think in icc u shud be able to move asround have stints with essex, then hampshire andthen go for a cuple of countrys maybe a career style.
Start as a minnow/ireland/scotland and then go to county and major international

way more scenarions

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
If it were more detailed with match reports and more indepthness into signing players, it would make it a whole lot more enjoyable for me.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
the game has alot of potential for a great management game

freddiw

Panel of Selectors
Yea But They Cant Make It Too Moder Or It Will Ruin Th True Spirit Of Cricket Captain

Sorry Bout My Spelling

metallics2006

International Coach
i m suffering from "expectingtoomuchfromiccseries" disease...this is jus gonna be another database update... i wont consider buying this game if it does not have a player editor or a database editor like football manager series...

lancashire666

International Coach
im not too bothered about editers, just an improvement! if its too similar to all the others i wont bother, if it actually has new features and improvments ill buy it

alan t

School Cricketer
I have seen one screenshot.... it has something very simular to hawkeye on it and is apparently being called International Cricket Captain 3

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
I only play ICC 05 so have no idea if these were implemented in 06 but i would like to see the following:

1. Make the player lists more user friendly. I want to be able to put them in any order I like, whether by average, strike rate, age or whatever. At the moment I'm stuck with alphabetical order or average. Also, I would love to see a (proper) filter or search function in there.

2. More control over International players\team. I should be able give orders to the groundsman as to what sort of wicket to produce. I want to be able to decide who gets a central contract and generally control more elements of the game.

3. The actual game engine itself needs updating. No matter what I do it still seems as though I'm just clicking a mouse button x amount of times. I want to be able to set traps so that I actually feel that by bowling to a plan it makes a difference.
They also need to sort out the pitches. Too often you get higher scores in th 2nd innings, extreme turning pitches that yield over a 1000 runs per test and good pitches that only yield 500. Lets see a true correlation between what is supposed to be happening and what is actually happening.

Another thing, let have properly paced innings. Most innings last for what, say, 120 overs? In this game I tend to find that I'm always taking 2 new balls. The opposition will lose 3 or 4 wickets up to around 150 overs then collapse all out in 152. The tail never seems to wag.

4. Re-gens - make them realistic. Will Sri Lanka really produce 10 plus spinners capable of returning career averages below 22 in the next 20 years? I doubt it. Will India suddenly find 20 plus batsmen all averaging over 60 in tests? Unlikely. Be realistic. Most teams will have 1-3 world class players (or at least with the potential to be world class) the rest will be just be good players. Lets see that bearing out instead of millions of mini superman clones. Also, lets have a bit more variety in the top rated team. I'm in 2024 and India have been 2nd with Sri Lanka 3rd for about 10 years now. A natural cycle with teams getting better\worse would add to the realism.

5. Sort out tours. If I'm in charge of the national side then let me take my county side to South Africa (or wherever) for pre-season. When I am in charge of the test team then let me specify how many pre-series games we play etc.

6. More detailed player stats. Look at any football manager game for the idea here. Doesn't have to be as complicated but a more detailed breakdown would be nice.

7. Youth development. Proper training programs would be a start along with the option to try to give players more strings to their bows, i.e turn a batsman into a keeper or vice versa.

Last edited:

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Make Australia realistic they produce the best talent but never seem to get quality re gens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread