What you like to have in Next EA cricket 08

Harji

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi Friends and EA Cricket

Well I am Big Fan of EA cricket and i backup for what they have done. Really they have come back strongly after Crap cricket 2005. but i feel that there is always some ground for Improvment. So i am putting down the suggestion that i feel that EA should think in next Cricket game. I hope you people also write down your suggestion to make the game better than others like FIFA.

1. First of all, User should able to decide lenght of session(how may overs in one session) in test match like playing one dayer(where we can decide to play 10 or 20 over match or full lenght one dayer). I never played full five days of test match nor even four days, it take just two days to finish the match, so no draw match have been there, it will add new dimension to the game.

2. The batsmen standing posture does not look good. Even holding a bat is not right(seem like bats is in air). There are glitches in playing Advance Shot, so it need to smoothen that out(in fact all shots needs to be perfectly design)

3. When we run to take score and suddenly cancel the run, batsmen comes back but if we try to make them run again(in case of over throw) batsmen does respond quickly, and sometimes leads to runouts.

4.EA should add more shots now since it has been long time that EA hasn't added new shots. Legside shot should be different at the time simple and advance shot. Moreover Straight drive as well as driving to long on is same, so it has to change that also. Hook or pull shot can also be played on to long on or long off direction (as in brain lara 05).

5. While playing with computer, computer should get runout sometimes(i.e. case of high run rate required). Moreover in fielding, computer should drop catches, misfielding, overthrows occasionaly.

6. Unlock modes, kits, trophies, players should be there in game.

7. Online gamplay should be there, it will boost the success rate of game.

8. While Playing domestic cricket like county season, we should able to transfer player (like in Fifa), the only cricket game that give us this feature is International cricket captain but its not grt8 game.

So, these are my views, how to make game more real as if the gameplay is strong, nothing can stop it from blockbuster nor even average graphics.
I hope you people put your view down there so that we can convey our message to EA.

Thankyou
Harsimran

StormySteve

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
To be honest Harji, I don't think there will be a Cricket 08 and probably not through EA anyway. There was a magazine article about Jeremy Wellard and HB in a thread a while back they may go it alone.

Also Cricket 07 is only a month old and putting a wishlist up for another Cricket game is at this moment is pointless and probably will pointless nearer a release of the next Cricket game as HB don't seem to take on board anyway the community's wishes/requests or whatever.

I've now kept hold of Cricket 2005 together with it's mods even though I have 2007 plus mods so at least I have two cricket games to go back to should the next one be a load of old tosh.

If I was you I'd enjoy this version with it's mods, it's not that bad after being modded and bar a few annoying bugs it's acceptable...

Let HB worry about the next game which I hope is not soon as if it is it'll only be another bodged up version of the previous one ;)

Steve S.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Boy, I don't want another EA cricket game, ever....

I've been disappointed by the crap that is Cricket 2005 and reading the reviews of 2007, I don't think I even want to know about it. 2004 was probably a minor step in the right direction and after that it's been going backwards.

Allan Border Cricket was still the best cricket game ever :p :rolleyes:

mctommyhill

School Cricketer
i got some big improvements to be made to next cricket 08

firstly - when you work your arse on a ashes tours and win the ashes, have a cut video of the team in tour bus or on pitch holding the urn, same with cup matches, show 1 minute of celebrations.

secondly - work harder at realistic game play, make the field more pierceable, more 2's and 3's and quick singles, more lbws dependant on batting weakeness/bowling strengths.

thirdly - player kits, names skills done better, umpires and faces more realistic and accurate :happy

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Quite simply the most important element of Ea's next game is to ensure HB do not develop it (this is a possibility anyway)

After 10 years of making cricket games, HB have proved they either

a) don't have the ability
b) don't have the resource/time available

to make a decent cricket game. I could write an essay of issues/points about their games. Shocking :eek:

arundracula

Club Cricketer
Hey I have an idea about realistic bowling and batting.
First of all , no cricket game has a perfect commentary like in real cricket. The commentators in all games think that the user is blind. We do not need " It is a four" or " It is in the air and six". These don't make realistic. It is not a commentary, it is a report. The commentators only and must say about the cricket gameplay by the team or player and thier shots, and not the timing of the user.
Secondly, The bowling in EA cricket not helps. The Cpu is the only enjoying one when we play. How to implement bowling in game? Ans: There should be a ball, and we can rotate it. We have to position the ball according to the real cricket for swing, cut etc. And when the ball swings, the ball must not pitch on the pitch marker. Thus wides occurs as in real play. And the batsman have to look clearly where the ball swings.

Batting: When the batsman at full confidence he must play strokes in a different way, I mean, different animation.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Regarding your bowling suggestion, this will be implemented for The Art of Cricket game.

Your batting suggestion is implemented in BLIC 07. Where you can only dance down the pitch if you have full confidence.

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Wouldn't be surprised if EA Sports get their hands on The Art of Cricket and then steal a few ideas.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
IloveGilly said:
Wouldn't be surprised if EA Sports get their hands on The Art of Cricket and then steal a few ideas.

But TAOC will have editability which EA will never do.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Yes, it will take hard work to implement them, EA do not do that.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Umm I'd like to see EA stop lying to us about '360 Degree Variation' and just bring somthing out ot please us nothing more....

handsome

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I Would Rather Want A Cric Management Game From Ea Next Up

Users who are viewing this thread