Realistic gameplay and movements
Original faces
Original lineups
Original names
Original kits
Manual apealing
Hawkeye
...in the next EA SPORTS cricket game

I have doubt, whether anything will be taking palce, from those in EA's next cricket game :p

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi Friends and EA Cricket

Well I am Big Fan of EA cricket and i backup for what they have done. Really they have come back strongly after Crap cricket 2005. but i feel that there is always some ground for Improvment. So i am putting down the suggestion that i feel that EA should think in next Cricket game. I hope you people also write down your suggestion to make the game better than others like FIFA.

1. First of all, User should able to decide lenght of session(how may overs in one session) in test match like playing one dayer(where we can decide to play 10 or 20 over match or full lenght one dayer). I never played full five days of test match nor even four days, it take just two days to finish the match, so no draw match have been there, it will add new dimension to the game.

2. The batsmen standing posture does not look good. Even holding a bat is not right(seem like bats is in air). There are glitches in playing Advance Shot, so it need to smoothen that out(in fact all shots needs to be perfectly design)

3. When we run to take score and suddenly cancel the run, batsmen comes back but if we try to make them run again(in case of over throw) batsmen does respond quickly, and sometimes leads to runouts.

4.EA should add more shots now since it has been long time that EA hasn't added new shots. Legside shot should be different at the time simple and advance shot. Moreover Straight drive as well as driving to long on is same, so it has to change that also. Hook or pull shot can also be played on to long on or long off direction (as in brain lara 05).

5. While playing with computer, computer should get runout sometimes(i.e. case of high run rate required). Moreover in fielding, computer should drop catches, misfielding, overthrows occasionaly.

6. Unlock modes, kits, trophies, players should be there in game.

7. Online gamplay should be there, it will boost the success rate of game.

8. While Playing domestic cricket like county season, we should able to transfer player (like in Fifa), the only cricket game that give us this feature is International cricket captain but its not grt8 game.

So, these are my views, how to make game more real as if the gameplay is strong, nothing can stop it from blockbuster nor even average graphics.
I hope you people put your view down there so that we can convey our message to EA.

Thankyou
Harsimran

Amen, especially to No.1!

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 6 Seconds later...

Yes, it will take hard work to implement them, EA do not do that.

Agreed, EA are a bunch of lazy buggers when it comes to Cricket games.

Last edited:

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
I want Cricket 09 (or whatever it will be) to have better freekin animation! Seriously....I only played the game today for the first time and everyone went on about how much better the animations are than in BLC.....bollocks. The fielding animation is terrible i cannot convince myself that they actually used motion-capture for that. If they did then the guys who did it are idiots because the dude picks up the ball in the outfield, stands still for a bit and flicks it in with his wrist for 60 meters! How the hell is that realistic? At least in BLC the animations are fantastic....so yeah my first upgrade would be: better animations for fielding, and also do away with the Marcus Trescothic-looking batsmen with their way too big heads for their way too skinny shoulders. Its been done since Cricket 04.

- The stats....eventhough C07 is better than BLC07 just for the fact that they actually have stats, they are pretty useless anyway because the interface and visuals are ugly! Whats the point of making a "spider graph" when it looks like it was made in 1985? Seriously....they should be ashamed. If you want to brag about all the "stats" and whatnot at least make it nice to look at. Add some depth to it man...jeez.

- Since i havent played it all that much i cant comment too much on gameplay, but just one thing. Is the whole "Century Stick" thing only for consoles and there no similar feature for PC because i always seem to hit similar shots to exactly the same place. Something seriously idiotic that has featured in every single game of cricket ever made until BLC07.

(no this is not BLC07 propaganda, I only played the demo but you can happily score right around the ground using only the keyboard)

School Cricketer
hey if we have a mixture of ICC 3 statistics and EA CRICKET 2007 then no other game can be great than this...........

shripathee

School Cricketer
It would be great if the century stick actually works in the next game. 360 degree shot variation
and ability to control power will make batting enjoyable.

mukund_nadkarni

Club Cricketer
Valaskjalf,
Animation and Cricket 07?
Whoever told you Cricket 07 has better animation was probably pulling your leg!:laugh
And motion capture? :rtfl

BLIC uses motion capture not Cricket 07. As for graphics and aesthetics BLIC wins hands down! Gameplay is probably a notch better in Cricket 07. That too I think is more down to the relaxed nature of the game than anything. BLIC is technically more correct, the balls actually seem like they are going at speed when the bowlers do decide to bowl fast. The batsmen play fantastic shots, they look superb and realistic. But BLIC is heavily letdown by gameplay. It all gets repetitive and arcadey after a while!

EA is unlikely to improve as far as I understand. BLIC is probably the more serious of the two. Let's hope for the best!

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Valaskjalf,
Animation and Cricket 07?
Whoever told you Cricket 07 has better animation was probably pulling your leg!:laugh
And motion capture? :rtfl

BLIC uses motion capture not Cricket 07. As for graphics and aesthetics BLIC wins hands down! Gameplay is probably a notch better in Cricket 07. That too I think is more down to the relaxed nature of the game than anything. BLIC is technically more correct, the balls actually seem like they are going at speed when the bowlers do decide to bowl fast. The batsmen play fantastic shots, they look superb and realistic. But BLIC is heavily letdown by gameplay. It all gets repetitive and arcadey after a while!

EA is unlikely to improve as far as I understand. BLIC is probably the more serious of the two. Let's hope for the best!

agree with you, I like BLC better than EA.
But last BLC was disappoiting, i only like the batting in BLC07, but there wasn't nothing much about the game to say wow about, but Improving from BLC 99 to BLC 05 was good.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
If they can build on the work of people like Lazy Chestnut on the batting side and sort out the bowling and fielding (batsmen very rarely get themselves out by leg-glancing it onto their own stumps, but it happens all the time in BLIC 2007), they might well be onto a winner. Oh and the sound needs a lot of work as well.

Users who are viewing this thread