What's the story behind dbc14/17 ashes fast bowling animation?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
I mean they have added ton of new animation in dbc17 and ashes yet the fast bowler action remain same , seeing the advertising campaign budget and in house mocap facility I am baffled to see that the action is still same. @Ross is he your relative or what?

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
If you see twistie's gameplay video, you'll see that the bowling actions for both Hazelwood and Starc are very different from the stock DBC17 action and are much closer to their real life self. Watching in 1/2x speed helps. Somebody infact did a small video of that too...

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
The base run up and action is still same. It's the ending which has changed, question remain same why they can't mocap some one else instead the same dude over and over again?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
You get the nature of the bowler which is important as thats what has an impact in the gameplay. Also there is option to bowl wider, middle and closer to the stumps from the bowling crease.. So adding that and the nature variation you can look at the depth from that itself the game would have...The last second action is what determines how a bowler bowls in real life and if that is captured well and shows the impact in the gameplay and the feel it brings to the overall bowling, that would make me really happy with what BA have been able to accomplish with the game....

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The base run up and action is still same. It's the ending which has changed, question remain same why they can't mocap some one else instead the same dude over and over again?
I don't know how many bowlers were mocapped, or who they were (I don't care that much) but there's a possibility that teams don't want their star bowlers bowling too many, or any, full deliveries in a mocap suit for a video game.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
seeing the advertising campaign budget and in house mocap facility I am baffled to see that the action is still same

What does the "advertising campaign" have to do with a bowling animation?

You know that thing were people online equate one thing to another completely different thing? Yeah. Stop doing that.

Diamond

Banned
I mean they have added ton of new animation in dbc17 and ashes yet the fast bowler action remain same , seeing the advertising campaign budget and in house mocap facility I am baffled to see that the action is still same. @Ross is he your relative or what?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
What does the "advertising campaign" have to do with a bowling animation?

You know that thing were people online equate one thing to another completely different thing? Yeah. Stop doing that.
I am highlighting the budget issue , which clearly is not if you can spend that much on advertising surely you can hire some club or grade II fast bowler to do the mocap using inhouse mocap facility. clearly there is another reason why the bowling animation is still same. Ross isn't him your son in law right? I remember he is a cricketer too.

I am not demanding a new action neither am I criticizing it , just curious about it hence this thread.

estmsm

Club Captain
It doesn't matter to me, as the gameplay has been improved, plus they have brought back the classic controls and the radar :D

Chief

Panel of Selectors
It doesn't matter to me, as the gameplay has been improved, plus they have brought back the classic controls and the radar :D

This particular "hell freezes over" moment is a big step I think. Despite the protestations here, i think it gives a much better option to the less hardcore player.

D

Dutch

This particular "hell freezes over" moment is a big step I think. Despite the protestations here, i think it gives a much better option to the less hardcore player.
To be honest Chief as a hard core nerd the fact you can now choose between classic and standard for pace and spin seperately are a god send....never liked the old spin controls personally!

Chief

Panel of Selectors
To be honest Chief as a hard core nerd the fact you can now choose between classic and standard for pace and spin seperately are a god send....never liked the old spin controls personally!

"Classic", "Standard", "Retro". I have no clue which setups anyone is speaking about. :)

Users who are viewing this thread