Your Cricket Where do you field

sd92

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
zMario said:
I field behind the adboards - much safer there
This is true...

If you can actually field, point and the covers are the most entertaining places to field!

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Actually, fielding at square leg or a short midwicket can be fun

Fun time chirping at the batsmen :D

I remember a time when some English side (might have been a 2nd XI of a county, cant remember) toured Pakistan in 2005, and played our club side for a 3 day match. I had so much fun making fun of the batsman on strike (cant remember his name), and kept making fun of him in Urdu, and he wouldn't know what I was saying.

When I came on to bowl, and he got bowled by a full toss (yeah, brilliant bowling), in clear english, I told him that if he ever plays for England, the bowlers will never never need to make a plan for him, since all they need to do is bowl a full toss.

He walked off then, staring at me, possibly at my English speaking skills, or what I said to him.

But he looked mistified alright.

karnog

International Cricketer
Generally mid wicket. Never been in the slips during a game...

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
zMario said:
Actually, fielding at square leg or a short midwicket can be fun

Fun time chirping at the batsmen :D

I remember a time when some English side (might have been a 2nd XI of a county, cant remember) toured Pakistan in 2005, and played our club side for a 3 day match. I had so much fun making fun of the batsman on strike (cant remember his name), and kept making fun of him in Urdu, and he wouldn't know what I was saying.

When I came on to bowl, and he got bowled by a full toss (yeah, brilliant bowling), in clear english, I told him that if he ever plays for England, the bowlers will never never need to make a plan for him, since all they need to do is bowl a full toss.

He walked off then, staring at me, possibly at my English speaking skills, or what I said to him.

But he looked mistified alright.
Nice :cool:

sd92

International Coach
zMario said:
Actually, fielding at square leg or a short midwicket can be fun.

I would never field there. You have to be pretty stupid, gullable or a nutter to field there

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
im yet to get hit in close .. actually i did once it hit me in the stomach but i cradled it and caught it STILL HURT LIKE A BIT... bugger

they also put me in their cause im the best sledger in my team expect i dont take it to serious and start sledging my team for fun

sd92

International Coach
Griffo said:
im yet to get hit in close .. actually i did once it hit me in the stomach but i cradled it and caught it STILL HURT LIKE A BIT... bugger

they also put me in their cause im the best sledger in my team expect i dont take it to serious and start sledging my team for fun
Exactly you have to be pretty much of a nutter or feel no pain.

Once we were playing this team close to us, and there was this big guy, it was either loads of muscle or fat :p and he was standing at Short Mid Wicket, i think, and our opener, who is a known slogger/very agressive, smashed the ball at him and he didn't even flinch and it hit him in the stomach. It didn't bother him and everyone just stood there amazed. :cool:

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Slip, Third man or Short Leg. Unusual for number 11 fast bowler to field at slip and short leg I know.

formula1man

International Cricketer
gonna start my first season this summer (aus) i would like to field in slips (very hard though i guess) or some where in the fielding cirlce area as i can't throw very far so being on the boundary would be silly

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
I field Cover or Mid-Wicket, depending on where the batsman is hitting it. If we need a fielder close in I am always the one stuck there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread