Which Career Mode would you prefer for a Cricket game?

Which Career Mode would you prefer?

• Total voters

mattk

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
In MLB all I play is the 'Road to the Show.' If that is where the Big Ant team got their inspiration I couldn't be happier.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
My preference is "Be a Pro" mode as I want to focus more on the created player and gameplay than the managerial aspects of the game. Also, in intl cricket there are not too many things you can do as a coach/manager since there are no transfers, relegations or free agency in intl cricket. In soccer or most North American sports yes, cricket no. Now if there were a game focused on Big Bash or IPL such a coach/managerial career mode would make sense.

usher08

School Cricketer
^^^^^^^^^ cricket online - you could still manage counties which would be fun bringing up youth players and buying other players i even think international management would be fun selecting your touring party and picking in form players ... my mouth waters

just wish we could have both but grateful to have either after previous cricket games haha :)
is there like a mode where we can go on tour of places like cricket 07 if anyone remembers tours on there?

Last edited:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
^^^^^^^^^ cricket online - you could still manage counties which would be fun bringing up youth players and buying other players i even think international management would be fun selecting your touring party and picking in form players ... my mouth waters

just wish we could have both but grateful to have either after previous cricket games haha :)
is there like a mode where we can go on tour of places like cricket 07 if anyone remembers tours on there?

Sure you could but as I said my personal preference is "be a pro" mode as I prefer gameplay part of the game compared to coaching/managerial aspects of it.

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thats right, Buying and selling players makes sense if ipl and big bash league are in game, in international cricket the sole aim is to represent your country and bring trophies.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As long as the AI is realistic I'll prefer a pro mode . Coz like in the real game you as a player may give your best shot but that that doesn't guarantee your team a win. So that will be something new for a cricket game where you'll not win every match.
But the AI needs to be realistic for us to enjoy it completely.

I agree - the only thing I would like to see if a 'spectator mode' option.

e.g. your team are batting last and your are out. gets down to last 2-3 overs of the day and you need 20 to win with 2 wickets left etc

Would like to watch the AI play out the remaining deliveries to see what happens

Its ok when you are bowling as you can choose to field as yourself the last few overs

Gurjot95

National Board President
I agree - the only thing I would like to see if a 'spectator mode' option.
I am sure we can watch the innings even if we are not batting. However what I would like to see is 'from the pavilion' cam where you can watch the match like you're sitting in pavilion (i.e just like you're watching the game when you're sitting in ground) and if we want to watch replay, the camera would focus on big screen where we can see all the little details and replays just like in real match. It would give authentic look. Maybe I am dreaming but I would surely like to see this in future versions.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Career mode for me. Never been a fan of ''Be A Pro'' but this has never been tried out for cricket so of course I'm intrigued by it, Just have to wait and see.

srk121

International Coach
I am sure we can watch the innings even if we are not batting. However what I would like to see is 'from the pavilion' cam where you can watch the match like you're sitting in pavilion (i.e just like you're watching the game when you're sitting in ground)

Rip apart the Save File from CA that you have and see what else you can find. :p

Have been waiting for some updates from your side. All the things you and Pat found seems to be very accurate. Cmon just do it.....

jovey

School Cricketer
Though I would like having a career mode with managing abilities, I don't particularly dislike the idea of being a pro as I feel it very well fits with cricket. It'd be interesting to see the development of a cricketer and maybe even reliving some great cricketers lives.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Love the idea of a cricket pro mode way more than the manager mode but both would be the best for the future, next one a Ross.:thumbs

Users who are viewing this thread