'Fifa Ultimate Team' Style Mode In A Cricket Game - Possible or not?

angad

Chairman of Consent
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well...just to throw it out for discussion,

One of my favourite modes in Fifa is the 'Ultimate Team'!! It is a fantastic mode, where not only could you put in hours and hours of playing the game on your console/pc, but you could also be in office (on days when you have nothing important to do :p) and use the Webapp to trade the items and manage your squads! In this mode, trading is as (infact more) important as playing matches and tournaments to earn coins, and not to forget, trading is just super fun and addictive. The best part of this mode is that it just makes you go on and on and on!! You always want more!!

Incase someone has not heard of this mode before, you can read about it here:

FIFA Ultimate Team | Features | EA SPORTS

and here:

FIFAAddiction.com

Now, I just wonder if there was anyway in which we can have such a mode in an unlicensed cricket game as well (unlicensed, because, as we all know, there might never be a cricket game which has the licenses for all countries), where you can build squads, manage it, trade items to earn coins, play matches to win coins etc!!

If we see the FUT mode in Fifa, the types of cards that are available can be categorized under (am using only those details that may be relevant to a cricket game. I might add a few as well):

a) Player Cards - Bronze, Silver, Gold, Team of the week (enhanced stats), Team of the year (enhanced stats), Team of the Season (enhanced stats), Man of the match (enhanced stats)
b) Staff - Managers, Head Coaches, Individual Skill Coaches, Fitness Coach, Physio
c) Kits and Badges - Home/Away/Coloured/White Kits and Badges
d) Training - Player, Batting Order, Skills
e) Development - Contract, Morale, Fitness, Healing
f) Stadium
g) Ball

From the above categories, Players & Kits would probably require licenses, while the rest of them either do not require any licenses (staff - except maybe coach, Training, Development) or can be implemented without any licenses (Stadium, Ball). So the main hurdles that lie between an unlicensed cricket game and such a mode are Players and Kits.

My main intention for creating this thread is to urge you guys to use your imagination and creativity (which is in abundance on this forum :D) and provide suggestions on how we can overcome these two hurdles as I truly believe that this type of a mode in a cricket game, specially Cricket 14, would take the series to another level all together specially with the indepth gameplay that they seem to have implemented.

Last edited:

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
You could probably setup something through PC. It'd take a fair bit of effort though to do as in depth as you're thinking.

You could always have smaller forum games, for example 10 people sign up and each person is randomly given 20 players, with no double-ups. You could then play online games against each other and have a ladder etc. You could also allow trades, since maybe one guy got give 3 wicket keepers but no spinner. That's nowhere near the depth of Ultimate Team but it's probably a nifty idea and something that could be done purely over Planet Cricket via PMs or maybe a subforum.

Depending on how well international play works regarding lag, there may have to be separate regional competitions.

timchrist984

Club Captain
He's talking about in-game game mode similar to FUT, which in my opinion would be epic, but I highly doubt anything similar will be released in a cricket game in the next decade. FUT started in FIFA 11 and despite it having developed in to a fun, addictive and extremely profitable (dem packs) game mode, there are still numerous problems with it such as the non-existence of injuries, 90th min scripting, poor match making and extremely volatile market. It's a great idea in theory but I really can't see a FUT style game mode coming to cricket games.

angad

Chairman of Consent
He's talking about in-game game mode similar to FUT, which in my opinion would be epic, but I highly doubt anything similar will be released in a cricket game in the next decade. FUT started in FIFA 11 and despite it having developed in to a fun, addictive and extremely profitable (dem packs) game mode, there are still numerous problems with it such as the non-existence of injuries, 90th min scripting, poor match making and extremely volatile market. It's a great idea in theory but I really can't see a FUT style game mode coming to cricket games.

I know there are some problems....but they are in no way game breaking ones :)!! A huge issue that I see is the user base. I think for such a mode we would need a huge user base....else the trade market will be useless :p!

angad

Chairman of Consent
Maybe for the next Big Ant Cricket game?

They can't have every single feature in this game!

Not talking about which version it can be implemented in. The deal is this kind of a mode requires licenses. Just wanted ideas (which BigAnt may or may not incorporate) on how this mode can be made possible without licensed players!

timchrist984

Club Captain
A huge issue that I see is the user base. I think for such a mode we would need a huge user base....else the trade market will be useless

Yeah, true. That's probably the biggest problem with implementing a FUT style game mode in to BA Cricket unfortunately.

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
I was under the impression (though unconfirmed) they have the licenses for both the English and Australian domestic competitions?

Users who are viewing this thread