Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
...as long as you're willing to just wait the extra bit of time for a local purchase (with shipping delays it might even be faster), there's no reason to pay extra tax on a game.

Totally agree, but if you don't have that in-store option (or a cheaper one) then I don't see the problem paying a premium for something you really want. It's all about priorities...

I don't have a problem with paying for shipping on something I can't get where I live, because it's a service I'm being provided and I should pay a bit more for that. It's that simple. If there's a tax involved, then it goes towards someones salary/employment for providing me a postal service. Again, not something I have a problem with supporting.

Just factor all these things into my purchases whenever I buy stuff online. I'll often stockpile a bunch of things then get the most bang for my buck when they ship.

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
I had a talk to a friend working at Flipkart today, and Ashes 2013 will be on pre-order there. They are waiting for some distributor confirmation regarding pricing of the game, and will update it when they get it.

Unfortunately, there's no Big Ant Cricket's news in store.

t_kaay

School Cricketer
Decided to go for the PC version, just pre-ordered it from Amazon for delivery on the day of release

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
PC is dominating, which makes sense given the eventual modding abilities...

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
PC is dominating, which makes sense given the eventual modding abilities...
Well this is kinda a skewed sample - the other platforms will dominate in the actual sales, so there'll be plenty of people for online play.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
...Yeah, I keep forgetting we're not "the norm" ...well, I am... but you're not... :spy

D

Dutch

...Yeah, I keep forgetting we're not "the norm" ...well, I am... but you're not... :spy

Knowing me I will probably get it for PC and PS3 to be able to play certain people online......i know I am mad.....

Lee1981

International Coach
Ps3 for me, although after reading big ants thread can see their game getting played a lot more than ashes if the games turns out as good as it sounds

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
How much would the game cost for Preorder in India???:)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ps3 for me, although after reading big ants thread can see their game getting played a lot more than ashes if the games turns out as good as it sounds

Proof of the pudding is in the eating. Let's cross our fingers and hope they are as good as advertised. For that matter I wish both the titles are out of this world.

t_kaay

School Cricketer
Well this is kinda a skewed sample - the other platforms will dominate in the actual sales, so there'll be plenty of people for online play.

The thing that tips the balance between PC and PS3 for me is the crap experience with the Ashes game always dropping connection with the boundary bug plus the fact that I always found there was hardly anyone out there to play on line.....hopefully there will be more players on the PC platform. Would prefer PS3 but its a case of being convinced that there won't be the issues regarding loss of connection, quitters and number of opponents for me.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
The thing that tips the balance between PC and PS3 for me is the crap experience with the Ashes game always dropping connection with the boundary bug plus the fact that I always found there was hardly anyone out there to play on line.....hopefully there will be more players on the PC platform. Would prefer PS3 but its a case of being convinced that there won't be the issues regarding loss of connection, quitters and number of opponents for me.

AC09 didn't have the "disconnect" bug and you could get a game anytime easily. I never had to wait more than 5 mins to get a game on PS3. What hurt AC09 were the quitters, which I assume would be the same on PC or any other platform.

IC2010 was broken online on PS3 and to my knowledge it was the same on all platforms.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
AC09 is such an underrated game, pound for pound with the patches and tweaks it's better game experience than EA07 - just not much mod-wise to get more bang for your buck when it comes to stats, tournaments n'stuff.

Never bothered with online however, if I want to play cricket with friends I go outside :D

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
AC09 is such an underrated game, pound for pound with the patches and tweaks it's better game experience than EA07 - just not much mod-wise to get more bang for your buck when it comes to stats, tournaments n'stuff.

Never bothered with online however, if I want to play cricket with friends I go outside :D

Then you missed out on a lot of fun. AC09 online was a different kettle of fish altogether. Try any game online and you will never want to go back playing against the AI as no AI will even come close to matching a human opponent.

Users who are viewing this thread